BF300A Loader - Tower Stuck in Base

lylewood

Equipment
B8200 with loader
May 19, 2012
Muskegon, MI USA
This has me stumped. I have done everything required in order to remove the BF300A loader from my B8200 tractor. The problem is that the left side tower will not come out of the base. The wedge pins are removed from both sides, as well as the L bolts from the front frame. The right side tower moves up as expected when the bucket is curled back onto the two bars that attach to either side of the bucket, but the left side will not budge even a smidgen. I even hooked my cherry picker shop hoist to the loader arm by the tower and it actually lifted the left side of the tractor off the ground, but the tower is still stuck in the base. For the life of me, I cannot understand how this can be so, seeing how the base of the tower is designed as a wedge to fit down into the base. If I didn't know better, I would think it must be welded in there, but that's not the case. Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions how to get it freed up? I can't believe that rust and corrosion could hold it that tightly.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
- Lyle

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you don't get a response in a short amount of time, your post probably has slipped past all of us, it happens all the time. ;)

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Put pressure on it and smack the loader just above the pocket with a ten pound maul. Just make sure not to close when it cuts loose.

Pat

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Wedging can be an effective way to make a firm connection that won't pull out. EG: most drill press chucks are simply pushed on to a taper, and removal requires some effort.

I'd try lifting with the hoist again, while applying heat with an oxy-acetylene torch rosebud and/or shock with a hammer.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Wedging can be an effective way to make a firm connection that won't pull out. EG: most drill press chucks are simply pushed on to a taper, and removal requires some effort.

I'd try lifting with the hoist again, while applying heat with an oxy-acetylene torch rosebud and/or shock with a hammer.
I second this^ it's probably your best bet at getting it free. Aside from that possibly soaking the area in PB blaster or penetrating oil and lifting it while shocking it with a hammer may work as well if you don't have access to a torch.

lylewood

Equipment
B8200 with loader
May 19, 2012
Muskegon, MI USA
Thanks for the responses. I didn't understand why there had previously been no response even though it showed having over 150 views. Now it has 250 views, and several good responses.

I did soak it good with PB Blaster, and tried lifting it with the hoist while smacking it with the hammer, but only a 3 lb hammer. Maybe a 10 or 12 lb sledge or a dead blow hammer will help. I also did apply heat, but will try all the above again. Sure would be nice to get it loose.

Another thing I think I'll do just for investigative purposes is to snake my inspection camera inside the tower through the tapered bolt hole to see if there is any sort of obstruction causing the problem. Can't imagine what it would be, but it's always best to get as much info as possible when trying to diagnose and solve a problem.

Further responses welcomed and appreciated. Thanks to all.

- Lyle