Bent Rod At Dauphin Island

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Had 2 good days down here. Several 4 to 5' sharks and 3 big sting rays today.

Attachments

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Good Fishing out there.. No Fishing here, I Hunt, Bow, Rifle and of course, Muzzleloader..

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Catch and release works way better with fishing
I've always enjoyed both. One night I was bow hunting bears and the first thing I see is a sow and 3 cubs coming into the bait and at that moment you really know your alive especially when the sow walks past the bait over to my tree that I was only 10 feet off the ground in and stands on her hind legs with her front feet not so far away from mine. At that point I looked down at her and told her to go back to her pups and almost as though she understood what I was saying it was like in slow motion she lowered herself back to the ground and slowly walked away to my relief. The rest of the night was uneventful but after getting back home I decided the next night I would take the video camera with me because I was pretty sure she would show again. Well sure enough her and the 3 cubs showed up again and I managed to get some pretty good footage. A pretty foolish move on my part and I would never advise anyone to do something so stupid as to mess with a sow and cubs but just like letting a deer or moose walk away I got every bit as much satisfaction out of that as harvesting an animal. Congrats on the catch by the way, like they say a bad day of fishing......;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
MUZZY... I have used some of your razor heads,,lol

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
The wife and I rented a house on Dauphine Island the first week in April. I have to say that is was the most relaxing trip to "The Beach" I've ever had. I'm no beach guy at all. I'm more of a swamp and mud sort.

The house was maybe 20/30 yards from the water and you could look both ways and maybe see 10 other folks. No waiting anywhere for anything but I bet its a different story down there now.