Belly Mower Problem

Darrin

Equipment
B2320
Aug 2, 2010
Alberta
I have a RCK60-29B (mower deck). Probably only 50 hours of use and the centre blade of three will not turn in tall grass. Other two outside blades cut leaving an uncut swath down the centre. If the grass is not tall centre balde will turn.

Any ideas as to why?

:confused:

Darrin

Equipment
B2320
Aug 2, 2010
Alberta
Bearings well greased, belt tension correct. I can hold the centre blade and move the belt by hand. Slippage occurs inside assembly. I think maybe a "pin" has sheared off.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
If you have a bevel washer make sure it is on blade with the center pulley correct if not it will slip.Handy

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Each blade has 2 beveled washers. You are supposed to have both of them dished towards the spindle. They sometimes lose their tension. If you replace them it should fix the problem. Be sure to torque them.

Yogi

Equipment
Sep 28, 2013
North west PA
Anyone know why I can't get my RCK60-29B to go all the way up . The owners manual says when using the front loader with the mowing deck attached to raise the deck and pin it in place but mine won't go up high enough. I asked the dealer about this and he told me that it won't go up. If that is the case why did they put the brackets on the tractor and deck to pin it up , dosen't make sense to me:confused:

moog

Equipment
Kubota B3200 Ferguson T020
Oct 9, 2012
Bloomfield IN USA
Anyone know why I can't get my RCK60-29B to go all the way up . The owners manual says when using the front loader with the mowing deck attached to raise the deck and pin it in place but mine won't go up high enough. I asked the dealer about this and he told me that it won't go up. If that is the case why did they put the brackets on the tractor and deck to pin it up , dosen't make sense to me:confused:

This sounds like an adjustment issue.

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
I tried adjusting the thing every way I could think of and it still won't go all the way up enough to pin it in place:mad:
There's an adjustment that's reached from the left rear side of the tractor for the TOP setting on the deck. If that adjustment is off (as it came from the factory on my tractor) then the knob won't go to the TOP position no matter how hard you twist on it.

The deck has to be at the very top and the knob set there in order to use the 3PH.

I tried searching to help you out but I guess I'm not holding my face right today.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
First time I used my mower, the middle blade didn't spin. I was able to spin the nut holding it on by hand... Tightened it, been great.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Mine on my B3030 won't go up high enough to pin it either and a darn good thing it doesn't or it would be bumping and bending it up so it's designed not to "bottom out" completely.

Get a piece of 2x4 and a block to use as a fulcrum and simply leverage it up that last little bit and slip the pin in through the hole. Not much effort is required if you choose the right length say 3 feet or so and a 4x4 block and you can easily lever it up with one hand and put the pin in with your other hand.
Al

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
this raising and locking of the mower deck is bad design and I have sent email to Kubota a year ago. No reply. I have to fix mine by welding new bigger nut and put bigger, longer bolt. Even now it is not easy to twist the dial if you sitting on the seat. But at least it is working now. Regards Frank

jlpresto

Equipment
B2320,blade loader and mower
Mar 24, 2014
pennsylvania
any one know an easy way to change the belt on a RCK 60 deck, I have a hard time moving the idler pulley

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
any one know an easy way to change the belt on a RCK 60 deck, I have a hard time moving the idler pulley
Yes.... the idler pulley is tensioned with a honk'n strong spring. That spring has to be loosened (removed) first. The easy way to do that is to get about 3 feet of strong cord. Make loops in both ends and place on end over the end of the spring to be removed. I use a piece of 1/2" rebar in the other loop end. I then plop my ass on the ground inline with the cord and spring.... plant my feet against the deck frame and pull on the spring using my legs pushing against the deck and simultaneously pulling on the cord. Once the belt is loose I have to remove one side of the gear box mount to thread the belt across the pulley. Reverse the process... and you are DONE!:p