Beet Juice Laser

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
It is finally nice here, so I was washing a winters full of mud off the tractor; while washing one of the rims I just bumped the valve stem, and it shot a beet juice laser at my house. House was covered in beet juice, I was covered in beet juice, suffice to say, I was totally pissed. :mad:

Word to the wise, if you have Rim Guard installed don’t let the dealer re-use the rubber, air only valve stems. I didn’t know it was a thing until today, the guy that installed my Rim Guard is going to get an ear full tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
and ear full? Or a face full of the beet juice??? Ok - kidding!:D
Yeah - metal is the way to go there.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Not the most flattering pic of me but, been there, done that.
beet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Dayum ............ that hurts ME!!!:oops:

I hope you had YOUR glasses on then.;)

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Both of my tractors had the rubber valve stems that Kubota installed when they put the tires on, and I had only one problem and that was many years after the tires were filled. Once valve stem developed a crack and was leaking. I took the rim off and laid it down on the concrete, and using an old-fashioned bead-breaking tool broke the bead on the stem side and installed metal stems.
Go ahead and chew the service manager or the tech ass out and see how far that gets you next time you need service. Your tractor might languish outside for a long time before they get around to doing the service that you have brought it to them for. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning you will have calmed down. You are certainly a prime example of how to win friends and influence others.

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
This is directly from the Rim Guard FAQ, shouldn’t a Rim Guard dealer know this?

“catastrophic failure” pretty much sums it up, and that is after only 10 months of being installed.
18FC5305-79F1-403F-BD72-1A982D036ACF.png

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Both of my tractors had the rubber valve stems that Kubota installed when they put the tires on, and I had only one problem and that was many years after the tires were filled. Once valve stem developed a crack and was leaking. I took the rim off and laid it down on the concrete, and using an old-fashioned bead-breaking tool broke the bead on the stem side and installed metal stems.
Go ahead and chew the service manager or the tech ass out and see how far that gets you next time you need service. Your tractor might languish outside for a long time before they get around to doing the service that you have brought it to them for. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning you will have calmed down. You are certainly a prime example of how to win friends and influence others.
I'm thinkin.....maybe complain to the service manager (or owner), and request that they remedy the problem,.... by dismounting both tires and refill.
It is their fault, and they.. should... be willing to resolve the issue.
Frustrating as it may be.....anger will likely not provide positive resolution.

Last edited:

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
Dropped the tractor off to have the valve stems replacer with the proper ones. Dealer says he can pump it out, and not waste it, thank goodness, I had visions of having to dump that nasty stuff somewhere on the property.
Also he said he has never heard of the rubber valve stem restriction, I showed him the FAQ from the rim guard website.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Dropped the tractor off to have the valve stems replacer with the proper ones. Dealer says he can pump it out, and not waste it, thank goodness, I had visions of having to dump that nasty stuff somewhere on the property.
Also he said he has never heard of the rubber valve stem restriction, I showed him the FAQ from the rim guard website.
Your dealer is WAY behind the times.
This has been common knowledge for YEARS!

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
OK "watts beet juce" Rember Calcium & i use RV Antifreeze in my old furgusons
The sales pitch.

Weighs 11 pounds per gallon vs the 8 of water.
Doesn’t freeze.
Non-toxic
Doesn’t corrode wheels like calcium chloride.

Negatives, eats rubber valve stems, smells like sh*t, and is sticky as hell.

Reactions: 1 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
This is better than sharks with fricken lasers on their heads.

• Haha

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
The sales pitch.

Weighs 11 pounds per gallon vs the 8 of water.
Doesn’t freeze.
Non-toxic
Doesn’t corrode wheels like calcium chloride.

Negatives, eats rubber valve stems, smells like sh*t, and is sticky as hell.
Thanks Never herd of it befor this post