Backhoe Swing Lock Pin

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
FYI......Don't lose your swing lock pin and expect sympathy from the Kubota dealer. Lost mine while clearing Privet hedges the other day. Looked everywhere, including tearing the pile apart, but had no luck finding it. Called dealer and after about 15 minutes, I was told it was an order only item and cost was $55 plus shipping and tax. Found a similar pin at NAPA for $13 and same pin at TSC is $10. Needless to say, I also got chain and fastened the pin to the tractor.

TalonX

Equipment
1957 Ford 641, 861 TLB, 2016 2650 TLB
Apr 6, 2016
WNY
FYI......Don't lose your swing lock pin and expect sympathy from the Kubota dealer. Lost mine while clearing Privet hedges the other day. Looked everywhere, including tearing the pile apart, but had no luck finding it. Called dealer and after about 15 minutes, I was told it was an order only item and cost was $55 plus shipping and tax. Found a similar pin at NAPA for $13 and same pin at TSC is $10. Needless to say, I also got chain and fastened the pin to the tractor.
Must be solid titanium for $55!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So what your saying is, you should have bought a Yamar or some other cheap junk so the parts would be cheaper to buy when you lose or destroy them? :confused:

When you purchased your tractor, did you expect the price you paid to include a bunch of Chinese or India parts? I would hope not! So replacing parts with cheap Chinese or India parts will only cheapen the tractor!
And now when that cheap Chinese or India pin shears and it drops the BH on the ground and messes up other parts or you as you fly into the steering wheel, have you done yourself any favors?

If you lose the key fob to your Cadillac / Audi / Honda / whatever, do you expect the car dealer to have sympathy and pay for you losing it?

Last edited:

TalonX

Equipment
1957 Ford 641, 861 TLB, 2016 2650 TLB
Apr 6, 2016
WNY
He's not talking about a pin that holds the backhoe on he's talking about the pin you put in to keep it from swinging when you're transporting it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
He's not talking about a pin that holds the backhoe on he's talking about the pin you put in to keep it from swinging when you're transporting it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I find that hard to loose - did it jump out of the holder?

kenmac

Equipment
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
I find that hard to loose - did it jump out of the holder?
Apparently a limb caught it and pilled it out. It was just gone when I reached for it to put it back in place.
I understand any brand proprietary parts are going to be expensive, relatively speaking. However, I did buy a CUMMINGS oil pressure sensor for my Dodge for $88 when NAPA was asking $200. Didn't intend to ruffle feathers. I'm still a Kubota fan, but I will save when I can without compromising equipment.

kenmac

Equipment
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
By the way, I don't own a key fob, either. Just sayin'.