Backhoe Owners poll.......

I (state your name) do solemnly swear that I own a backhoe and

• Total voters

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Just thought I'd see what actual backhoe owners thought about their purchase.

Reactions: 2 users

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
You already saw my post in your rock sorting thread. Iffin’ you got rocks or hard soil…yep.

whatever you do, get a full frame mount and not that three point stuff. I beat the hell outa my set up trying to get rocks dislodged and there is no way all that torque on a three point would survive.
IMG_1975.jpeg
IMG_1417.jpeg
IMG_0093.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Last edited:

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Since my backhoe was/is a POS it isn’t possible to answer the question.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Had to dig around the perimeter of the deck...skunks were getting under it. :mad:
Dug down a good 12" or so, and use wire mess secured to the vertical boards.
Backhoe made it an easy job!!!!! (y)

Backhoe.jpg

Backhoe 2.jpg

Dead Ash

Equipment
L 35 T/L/B
Jul 15, 2023
Ohio
Hello Runs With Scissors

First off I chuckle every time I read your name. LOL. And appreciate your humorous side. Now for the lesser important issue. F%$#&n A.

I purchased my 1997 Kubota L35 T/L/B used as is and it had the backhoe attached. Before purchasing while driving around I noticed that all the local utility companies had dump trucks pulling either Kubota TLB's or Ford TLB's on trailers. And with no knowledge of tractors I, used the feeling that, "if it is good enough for them to all use the same brand then it should be good", and that helped to shape my opinion.

I have used it to pull about 5-6 stumps push to loosen and then used a chain to pull 2 dozen split rail fence posts and reach into the pricker bushes to wiggle a few downed branches out to where I can grab them.

Doing all of this helped me to realize that yeah a mini excavator is better suited for pulling stumps but I can't afford one and this is OK. I just wish mine had a thumb.

Having one machine for multiple uses is appealing.

P.S. I really appreciate all the help that all the members provide to us and am very impressed with all the knowledge displayed. THANK YOU!

Dead Ash

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I've already chimed in on various threads in the past - rocks out the wazoo here so I love mine

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I like mine so much I nought a spare.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I had a 3pt for many years, then finally had the chance to up grade to an old excavator. A thumb is a must.

The old hoe was not much either, but as I used to say "it's better than my back".

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hello Runs With Scissors

First off I chuckle every time I read your name. LOL. And appreciate your humorous side. Now for the lesser important issue. F%$#&n A.

I purchased my 1997 Kubota L35 T/L/B used as is and it had the backhoe attached. Before purchasing while driving around I noticed that all the local utility companies had dump trucks pulling either Kubota TLB's or Ford TLB's on trailers. And with no knowledge of tractors I, used the feeling that, "if it is good enough for them to all use the same brand then it should be good", and that helped to shape my opinion.

I have used it to pull about 5-6 stumps push to loosen and then used a chain to pull 2 dozen split rail fence posts and reach into the pricker bushes to wiggle a few downed branches out to where I can grab them.

Doing all of this helped me to realize that yeah a mini excavator is better suited for pulling stumps but I can't afford one and this is OK. I just wish mine had a thumb.

Having one machine for multiple uses is appealing.

P.S. I really appreciate all the help that all the members provide to us and am very impressed with all the knowledge displayed. THANK YOU!

Dead Ash
Glad to have you aboard sir!

I did a similar thing when deciding which brand to by except I went to area "Rent All" shops. Most were renting Kubotas. I figured they probably get beat to hell and back and I'm sure the owners picked then because they could take the abuse.

Then I talked to a guy who own's a large'ish commercial landscaping place and he told me, hands down, all his machines are Kubota's for a reason.

Paul

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I have a BX23S and absolutely love having the backhoe. It was a requirement. I've used it more than the FEL.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I have a BX23S and absolutely love having the backhoe. It was a requirement. I've used it more than the FEL.
Don't forget to Vote (we don't use Dominion voting machines so it will count)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I liked my BH77, but wasn't quite enough for what I needed/wanted, so I moved up a notch or 3, presently rockin' the Rhinox trenching bucket. 20230912_143821.jpg

• Love

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I don't have a backhoe, so I didn't vote. But... I've operated them over the years and they are one of the coolest things in the world.
I hope to have the funds for an M62 someday. Hey, one can dream.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I (dirtydeed) do solemnly swear that I won't use that red handled "thingamabob" that is leaning against the tree. 😆

17 years with a Kubota - 0 years without a backhoe attachment.

shovel.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Owning a backhoe is the one of the best reasons to own a tractor. I use mine very often more often than I ever thought I would. and for those who think a backhoe on a B 2301 is not useful they are wrong. I am very often transplanting trees. digging trenches or moving rocks I even lift logs to cut into firewood with the thumb. I actually use the back hoe and loader about equally. pulling stumps and brush clearing trails. and lets face it you are unlikely to get stuck when you have a backhoe.

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
I bought my used B8200 manual in 1996 and it came with a Bradco 8LD back hoe mounted with a full frame and the 300 front end loader. I worked that tractor very hard in my playground construction business and later retired(?) it to an island in Georgian Bay Ontario where it has spent the last 20 years digging my foundation, moving bolders and stumps. I later purchased another B8200 of the same vintage and was able to swap the entire frame assembly and the FEL and back hoe onto the HST. I love the back hoe and have two BX23S complete with BH at two different properties that I have. Couldn't live without it as at seventy years of age I don't shovel very well or push a wheel barrow for that matter.

Reactions: 4 users