Backhoe dolly measurements.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
I have been looking at the BXpanded backhoe dolly for my BX25D and for $180, I finally decided to pull the trigger. Went to order it and found out it will be $60 shipping and handling. That kind of put me over the limit so I was wondering if anyone who has bought one could pull a tape measure and send me the specs so I can build my own during the Winter. Tubing size, wall thickness, length of pieces, dimensions of where the cross pieces are welded and over all height off the ground of the dolly. Thanks in advance for any help that your willing to give,
Russ

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Great idea!

Speaking of dollies, Harbor Freight has 5" wheels rated at 330 lbs on sale for $7. I ordered 18 of them and will build up dollies for my implements so I can move them around the shop easier. 2x6s doubled will give plenty of strength and the wheels are more than stout enough. The big diameter will roll fairly easy. Its way down my "to do" list right now but, I'll post pics when I get them done.

My PTO tiller is the fatty at 800 lbs. Its a space hog for sure.

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
I went onto Kijiji ( Craigslist equivalent) and purchased a used Engine hoist with 6 casters under it, disassembled the crane part ( of which I am going to graft onto a drawbar and add top link and attach to 3 point ) cut two pices of tubing and placed the proper distance apart to cradle bucket, bolted a piece of 2 x8 across front to sit hoe onto and took a hockey puck, cut into 1/2 and bolted it upright to 2x8 for front of hoe to sit onto for stability.
Total investment 250.00 maybe but will have both a 3 point crane and a hoe dolly. Once crane is complete I will post pics.

Cheers

Roger

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
I went onto Kijiji ( Craigslist equivalent) and purchased a used Engine hoist with 6 casters under it, disassembled the crane part ( of which I am going to graft onto a drawbar and add top link and attach to 3 point ) cut two pices of tubing and placed the proper distance apart to cradle bucket, bolted a piece of 2 x8 across front to sit hoe onto and took a hockey puck, cut into 1/2 and bolted it upright to 2x8 for front of hoe to sit onto for stability.
Total investment 250.00 maybe but will have both a 3 point crane and a hoe dolly. Once crane is complete I will post pics.

Cheers

Roger
Looking forward to pics...

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Kept flip flopping back and forth and ended up ordering it. For those that are interested in buying one, it is well worth the money. Nice paint job, end caps in the tubing and good quality castors. The welds aren't great but I'm kinda picky and I'm sure they will hold for what it is designed for.
Better yet, now I have the pattern to build one for a friend that also has the BX25.

retired guy

Equipment
BX25D
Apr 23, 2015
Ballinafad, On. Canada
I'd sure like to get those dimensions also. The BXpanded unit looks really nice but after exchange, duty, brokerage freight and taxes that unit would cost me more than double.

JaxSwagger

Equipment
BX25D
Sep 9, 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC
I'm interested in them as well. BXpanded has great items and I've ordered from them in the past, but the shipping and cost on this one is just too much. I think it could easily be made with about $50 in materials and some time.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
I got them today, now I just have to draw up a set of prints and scan them.
For those that want the piece list....

1 1/4 squre tubing.
54 1/4 x2
27 x1
11 x1
16 x1
1/8 thick 2 inch angle 1 inch long x2
1/8 thick pad 3 3/4 x 2 1/2 x4
Fixed castor that is 6 inch high x2
Swivel castor 6 inch high x2

The pads match the castor. If you use different castors, make the pads to match. Critical part is that castor is 6 inch high, not the wheel size, castor height.
Most of the tubing is boxed in the end. looks great, but not necessary. Some of the ends are also cut at an angle so it looks better but again, not necessary. I will mark the ones that are angled on the picture. I cut mine at 8 degrees.

Reactions: 1 users

Koopster

Equipment
2015 BX 25D
Jun 9, 2015
Heart's Content

Cheers

Roger
Really looking forward to seeing those pictures.