B9200 front blade or snow blower

Baldwin Buck

Equipment
Kubota L3710 LA682 FEL L4560 BH.
Oct 9, 2014
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
New member and first post here. So be kind! :)

I recently purchase a B9200 HST with a BF350-A front loader and several other implements. I live in West Michigan and typically see 80-100" of snow fall a year. I would like to get either a front snow blade or snow blower for my tractor. Does anyone have a B9200 that has either one of these implements that can share pictures or products that will work. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I have contacted a local dealer too but sometimes the response time is not the fastest or the most cost effective.

thanks for the help!

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Baldwin? I'm in Cadillac and snowblower all the way! I have pics, but hard to link from my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I'm in CT and have a B9200 with identical front loader and a 7' rear blade. After we got hit with some of those crazy 2' storms a few years back I bought a 60" rear mount snowblower. Holy crap its a night and day difference.

With blade you need to keep up with the snow, it won't push more than ~1' of wet or fluffy snow without it spinning or having snow fall back in your path, plus the burms on the side of your driveway get bigger every storm.

A loader takes FOREVER to plow. You end up pushing diagonally and taking one swipe at a time, then dumping at the edge of your driveway, looks like crap and makes a mess.

Snowblower is an amazing tool. I have a 800' gravel driveway. I put training wheels on the blower to keep it from digging up the gravel. It leaves about 1-2" of snow which I can scrape off with the loader or blade, however once the blower is on I try to leave it on all winter since its a PITA to attach. I can blow my parking area plus the driveway in less than 30 minutes, where it took over 2hrs with the blade or loader for a 1' or larger storm. For smaller dustings, the blade is faster and works better.

When we got hit with a 2' storm, it took over 4hrs for me to clear it with the loader (and the driveway was barely wide enough to pass with a car) but when we had a 2' with the blower, it was one pass down, one back, and I have a 10' swath perfectly clean and the snow is 30' in the woods where it won't be in the way.

I got my blower for $450 but after using it for some big storms, I would easily pay double for it (which I kinda did when the gearbox blew up and I had to buy a second one new).

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I had a rear blade and a rear snow blower, blade for the light dustings and after blower cleanup.
Blower is incredibly nice for no berms!
My drive way is 1/4 of a mile then I do 3/4 mile of private road and 8 driveways.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"My drive way is 1/4 of a mile then I do 3/4 mile of private road and 8 driveways."

But you're a workaholic that likes cold weather!

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I have a bx25 so not your size tractor.

But snowblower all the way!

And try to get a front mount. Your neck will thank you. Enough is done looking backwards...at least you can snowblower looking forward.

No berms, the ability to cut out your mailbox. Fun shooting snow is like pissing artwork.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I'm north of you too just outside Cadillac and front mounted blower along with a box scraper is the only way to go for me. It's super expensive to go with a front mount but once you've had one you'd never use anything else.

Of course the next best option is rear mounted blower blower the simply use your front bucket for dragging the snow back away from your building etc then turn around and blow it away.

I have a pipe that's mounted between the 2 blades on the box blade so I don't tear the yard up, and I have a pipe on the cutting edge of the blower which again keeps it from digging in when it's not on pavement/cement.
If you go with a back blade and continue to use your loader I'd strongly
recommend that you add the pipes both front and rear too.Trust me on this whether you're a rookie or a well seasoned snow plowing veteran you won't regret adding the pipes, saves a whole bunch of grief and aggravation fixing what gets tore up otherwise.
Al

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I'm about 40 miles northwest of you , for me , snowblower is the way to go . Plow on front of the truck is easier (and warmer) but really leaves a mess in the spring. Not to mention with a winter like last year a lot of guys ran out of room to pile the snow. Not a problem with a snowblower.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
My neighbor has a F450 dump with chains and an 8' plow. With several of the storms, he was stuck and my blower ended up digging him out and then we pulled him with my tractor to get him going again. When you get 2' of snow in one storm, the F450 couldn't push it so he had a to plow with the blade lifted up, then the frame got hung up and he was stuck for good.

I never got stuck with my blower/Kubota even without chains and with turf tires. The blower is absolutely the best way to handle snow, a cab would be nice but I put on my snowmobile gear and its not that bad.

Baldwin Buck

Equipment
Kubota L3710 LA682 FEL L4560 BH.
Oct 9, 2014
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
ok, I like the idea of a front snow blower. I will try to contact a local deal AGAIN to see if they can help out in finding a blower that will fit my B9200. if anyone has a recommendation for my tractor, I would love to hear it. I cant imagine there are a whole lot of options out there.

thanks for all the responses. what a cool place to research and learn.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Finding a front snow blower for aa B9200 is a tall task, you will not only need the blower but a Front quick hitch and mid drive line kit too.
Kit # B2579 for the Hitch
And either a B2577 51" blower or a B2578 63" blower.

moeh1

Oct 22, 2014
western ny
Yeah, they are rare. I went thru the same process on my 2150. You can't put the snowblower subframe on with the 350 loader frame still on. You would have to pull off the subframes twice a year to swap. My blower is on the rear and I put a clamp-on-the bucket blade on the front for when its a light snow.