B8200 tires

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Does anyone know if the tires and rims off of a B21 will fit a B8200? Fronts are listed as 23x8.5x14 and the rears are 12.4x16. I think this might work but am not sure about the rim specs.

thanks
D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi DsBota. I finally remembered to check today and those are the same size as I have on my B8200. The only difference is my fronts are 8.5 wide. I looked at a couple of B21 s online and they do have 6 stud rims . It doesn't mean that will fit but it is hopefull.:D Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I called my dealer today and they weren't much help. I emailed the guy to see if he'll do some measuring for me. The tires are new according to the seller (the pictures look good) and I"m hoping if everything fits I would offer $750. If the guy measures the center hole and the distance between a lug bolt hole and the one directly across from it would this give me a fairly accurate way of knowing the would fit? Dusty so you paid $1000 for 4 tires and 2 rear rims? Is that with tax?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
No I paid $1000.00 for the two new rear rims with two new tires on them. When I got the tractor it had rice tires on the back. I was really desperate to get them off of the tractor. Still got them if anyone wants them.:D:D Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
OK so I got some more information. The Tires are actually from a new B26 (the guys add was wrong). The rear rims spec out the same. The fronts are different, the center hole measures out at 3 and a half inches and mine are 2 and 3 quarter. Which I think is no big deal as bigger is better then smaller as the hole really doesn't accommodate anything. The lug spacing is a problem. Mine measure out at 4 and a half from one to the one directly across it and the B26 is 4 and 3 quarters. Could I just drill out the holes a 8th of a inch bigger? He also wants $1000 for the set which is what Dusty paid just for the rears. Am I wasting my time and should look else where? Used tractor tires don't come up in my area often.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Dusty

Yeah the guy bought the tractor last year and only used them for a week before buying turf tires. Was thinking with the center hole being bigger how do I center them on the hubs? It's a tractor and how exact does it have to be?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
It needs to be damn close. those little front wheels take a hell of a beating. I have welded new centres in wheels about that size and they worked really well. BUT I could do the same thing again and end up screwing the tractor. Whats is wrong with your existing front wheels?.:eek: Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
The tires I have on there now are the 6 x 12 ag's. Thank you for the input, I know it's not right and I'm just trying anything to make it work. We use a great machine shop at work. I think I'm going to go over and talk to the machinist and see what he thinks.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Went to the machine shop today. To drill out the rims and make two brackets that will fit between the hubs and rims will cost me $200. The bracket will fit on the hub using the stud bolts and expanding the center to 3 and a half inches. Pretty pricey but I know it will work perfect. Hoping to get the tires tomorrow and the brackets made up next week. Will post pictures when done.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thats good Ds. New tires make a big difference.:D:D Dusty P.S. I didn't get a price on rims. He would have had to quiz up kubota corp to get part number.

Last edited:

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Yeah about 2 years ago I asked to get a price on the front rims for turf tires. At the time he said it looks like they're not available anymore and they would probably have to make them up:(.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
They look exactly like mine Ds , are they Goodyear tires?. You are gonna be happy you got those. You will not regret biting the bullet. I paid a grand for just the backs and I would do it again in a minute.

Last edited:

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Went to the machine shop and got the tires back with the brackets. Really love this guys work and they fit perfect. Just need to paint them up. I'm glad I didn't attempt to do this myself.

001.jpg 004.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg