b8200 hydraulic block

madbarney

Equipment
b8200
Oct 14, 2016
cedar hill
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and am trying to learn how to navigate. Can you guys tell me what the sizes are, for the hydraulic ports, on the hydraulic block, to hook up a FEL on my b8200? You know, the three plugs on the side. Are they the same size and do I need different type and size hose and banjo bolts for each one? Thanks, madbarney

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That tractor is one of the toughest to hook up to, as all the connections are banjo bolt type connections, and there are several versions of the connections and locations.

In order to give you proper information, I need to know several things.

Exact model of the tractor, B8200EP B8200DP, B8200HST-EP, B8200HST-DP
Model Number of the loader you going to use.
Serial Number of tractor.
Serial Number of the loader.

If you going to use an aftermarket loader I need to know if it will be a 2 line or three line loader valve, so either In and Out, or In, Tank/ Return, and Power Beyond.

madbarney

Equipment
b8200
Oct 14, 2016
cedar hill
I have a B8200 hst-d; D950-A-DT diesel. I am not sure of s/n but I see on transmission the #'s B8200-HD- 61250 can't read engine s/n but there is a d, 5, and 44370 I can see. I am buying a#45463 Nortrac monoblock 2 spool 500-3000 adjustable relief w/12GPM flow rate SAE 8 ports. I don't know the loader model, it had been in a fire. I believe it was on a B1750. I had to rebuild cylinders.
I was wondering what the sizes of the port holes in the hydraulic block were to purchase fittings to route the hydraulics up. I found JIC banjo fittings on the internet reasonably priced. I just didn't know the sizes of the three ports.
Thanks
P.S. Loader valve has closed center and PB capability

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a B8200 hst-d; D950-A-DT diesel. I am not sure of s/n but I see on transmission the #'s B8200-HD- 61250 can't read engine s/n but there is a d, 5, and 44370 I can see. I am buying a#45463 Nortrac monoblock 2 spool 500-3000 adjustable relief w/12GPM flow rate SAE 8 ports. I don't know the loader model, it had been in a fire. I believe it was on a B1750. I had to rebuild cylinders.
I was wondering what the sizes of the port holes in the hydraulic block were to purchase fittings to route the hydraulics up. I found JIC banjo fittings on the internet reasonably priced. I just didn't know the sizes of the three ports.
Thanks
P.S. Loader valve has closed center and PB capability
The serial # would be 61250
The loader valve should not be closed center, it needs t be open center, you will need to buy the adapter for that valve for it to work right!
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200655083_200655083

I'm sorry but I can't tell you the size but you can measure what you have as the banjo bolts are already in the hydraulic block on the tractor.
The plate #31 will be the height of the banjo fittings, and you will ditch #31 when you connect the fittings.
You do know that you will need to turn the valve on the block on for the output and input to work right on the hydraulic block?

Attachments

Last edited:

madbarney

Equipment
b8200
Oct 14, 2016
cedar hill
I thought that area was for power steering. I was wondering about #37; there are three of them. They are shown hooked up in Aerollands post with North Idaho Wolfman from 4-28-15 under hydraulic failures. It was a 3 day post 4-27-28 &29 of 2015. Thanks

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm sorry you are exactly right, they are the side port and not the top ports.

The bolt and washers for these are:
66591-36250
67111-37180

But looking at the plugs I'm also thinking you might be able to get away with using Boss O-ring fittings, they would be a lot cheaper and a lot easier to hook up. ;)

madbarney

Equipment
b8200
Oct 14, 2016
cedar hill
My loader valve(open center) has three ports: P, T and C. I believe C is for power beyond. My question is, on my hydraulic block, I have three ports: Pressure, Tank and Neutral; do I have to use the neutral port on the block or can i just leave that plugged. I do not need PB so should I leave that plugged on the loader valve as well or should the C port on loader valve go to neutral port on hydraulic block? I am guessing that i just run pressure to in port and out port to tank port and just leave it at that? Also, should i use bigger hose on the pressure and return? Thanks, madbarney
P.s. If anyone on here has a late 80's or early 90's B8200 hst 4x4 that they have added a loader to, could you post detailed pics, and fitting info, so I can get this finished. It is frustrating that we have this technology and still can't find the info we need. I have been trying to find out the size and fitting type i can use on the hydraulic block for some time now to no avail.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you need Power beyond, that is what runs the three point lift.
You will need to hook up all three if the loader valve has three ports or it will not work right.
If it only has 2 ports you would use P and PB / C and not use the tank port.

madbarney

Equipment
b8200
Oct 14, 2016
cedar hill
So Wolfman, do i hook the PB/C to neutral on tractors hydraulic block(the three point on the tractor is already piped from the factory from the hydraulic block on the tractor to 3 point area) The ports I want to tap into are extra on the tractor's hydraulic block and are currently factory plugged. If i am reading you correctly, you are saying Hydraulic Block P,T and N ports to Loader valve P, T & C? (N to C /power Beyond) P to P and T to T? Loader valve has no N port. Thanks b8200 hydraulic block.JPG

Last edited:

madbarney

Equipment
b8200
Oct 14, 2016
cedar hill
I found a sizing sheet on Hoseandfittings.com under ultimate sizing sheet.
I was able to match the plugs in my hydraulic block as BSPP 3/8" or 06, whichever you prefer.
I also called Kubota and they confirmed that Power Beyond on the loader valve hooks to Neutral on the hydraulic block. So, to sum things up, when you install your loader and turn the directional valve on the Hydraulic Block of the tractor, it diverts flow away from the three point to the pressure port on the HB and through your loader valve and back into tank port; so, you have to pipe the flow back through by means of the Power Beyond port on the loader valve.
If this is incorrect, someone let me know. I wouldn't want any damage to anyone's equipment.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it sounds like you have it nailed! ;)

One little detail, when you change the valve on the diverter block it travels from the pump, through the loader valve and back to the three point via the Power beyond, it only uses the Tank port for over flow or pressure relief.

Last edited:

02fordfx4

Equipment
B8200
Aug 13, 2017
Ohio
I know this forum is old now, but I have a B8200 D-HST it also has the same 3 port hydraulic block on the side, and I want to tap into that and run a 3 point log splitter. The log splitter has two hoses that run it, and I know nothing about these hydraulic systems. You guys seem to be the most knowledgeable about these tractors and this hydraulic block. How would I run this and still be able to run my 3 point? Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Three things:
#1 Your going to find that the log splitter is going to be extremely slow running on that system.
#2 If it doesn't have a control valve on it you'll need one, and if it does you need to make sure it's an open center valve.
#3 In line of the log splitter valve will go to the power port and the return of the log splitter will valve will go to N port or what they are calling the neutral port.
And yes hooked up like that the three point will work. ;)

02fordfx4

Equipment
B8200
Aug 13, 2017
Ohio
Thanks for the response! This thing has had me confused for a while! I picked on up used that has an open center control valve. And I want to run the splitters return hose to the neutral port not the tank? Thanks again I appreciate this greatly!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
And I want to run the splitters return hose to the neutral port not the tank?
Yes, because that will pass the fluid and power on to the three point control for it's use.
Think of it more as a Power Beyond line instead of a return line. ;)

02fordfx4

Equipment
B8200
Aug 13, 2017
Ohio
Thank you much for the reply. I do have one more question, I hate tie up more of your time but no one else on the internet has answered this. What is the rear hydraulic hose for on the b8200? It loops around the axle and goes into a quick disconnect looks 100% factory. You seem to know these tractors well, thought you may know. Thanks.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Thank you much for the reply. I do have one more question, I hate tie up more of your time but no one else on the internet has answered this. What is the rear hydraulic hose for on the b8200? It loops around the axle and goes into a quick disconnect looks 100% factory. You seem to know these tractors well, thought you may know. Thanks.
Does the "100% factory" hose originate under the front of the seat? At the "top" of the three point hitch lift cylinder?

If I have it correctly, there is/was a "factory" fitting to tap off the 3pt lift hydraulics that would serve well for any single acting cylinder application, such as gauge wheel height adjust, dump trailer, or lifting bat wings etc. The only limitation, perhaps the 3pt would need to be chained down so pressure would go out without lifting the lift.

Your "hose" and QD may be something entirely different...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A picture of it would help a lot, in figuring out what it is.

It could be as twomany said, or it could be a loop for the trencher option or a loop for the Backhoe option.