B8200 hsd

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Dusty your doing good. I don't have a repair manual for the B8200 but have one for the B6200 and B7200. It lists the valve clearance on the D950 as 0.0057 to 0.0073 in. Is the B8200 D950 that different?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I don't know what the difference is other than the two horse power. I don't have an engine manual on the B8200. But I am pretty sure that those are the numbers quoted here at some point. I will do a quick search on here just to be sure.:D Dusty

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Dusty, judging by the latest pictures, you are drinking too much Tims'. Time to switch to a good rum.:D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Did absolutely nothing on the Kubota today. Did a bunch on the Steiner. Hey Scott, that link only leads to a bunch of specs on different machines. Not a full manual.:mad SpudHauler, I am afraid that timmys doesn't get a whole lot of my coin. My son drops his cups off and I clean them out and use them for the shop. I busted so many cups my wife freaks when I take a good cup to the shop. This way I can just throw it out when I am done. And it doesn't matter if I drop it.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ok so I did nothing to the Kubota today , But I did a bit of other stuff this morning to keep the wolf away. Then I welded up a new exhaust bracket for the steiner cause the old one broke and the exhaust was sitting a plug wire. Topped up the hydraulic fluid which isn't near as easy since I put the weight box on it so the back end doesn't flip up on side hills and throw me off the stinkin tractor and run over my ass anymore!!!!!! Then I fixed the wiring on the little trailer. Then took dog to the vet. The vet was happy. The dog is happy cause is not a conehead anymore, witch makes me happy. Then I did a bit more for the wolf at the door. Then I had supper. THEN I got to work on the Kubota. Installed the mid pto using Permatex ultra black rtv gasket maker. Is it is gonna leak like a sive ?:eek: If it is would some one please give a heads up. Pulled the plug on the bottom of the bell housing and no oil came out, there was a bit of rusty moisture. So maybe the rear main is not pooched. But there is oil coming from somewhere. Tomorrow I tackle that leak on the trani. Then maybe on to the engine. Thanks for reading my ramblings. Sorry no pics tonight, pics tomorrow.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I went into the shop this morning and there is a pool of oil under the mid pto. I climbed under and it is dripping out of the drain plug hole. Three days ago I pulled the drain plug and it is still draining. I cleaned up the trani case where it was patched with a wire brush and cleaned it with acetone and coated it with fibreglass resin. I removed two nuts that were in the patched area and coated around the studs then put the nuts back on and coated it again. I will sand it and give it another coat in the morning. Drained the antifreeze and replaced the drain hose. Some pics:D Dusty

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Good to see you still hammering away and gett'n it done. That last picture with the hose looks like a cat was clawing at it :eek:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya it was pretty punched Scott. I cut it in 3 sections with a razor knife and it was like cutting butter. It is actually just a drain hose that runs from near the bottom of the block to the rad drain. When you drain the cooling system in that engine you really do drain almost everything.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
A good day. I put another coat of resin on the trani. Refilled the cooling system. Then changed the engine oil. I had almost enough udt to fill the hydraulic system. If I hadn't topped up the steiner yesterday I would have had enough. Painted the battery tray. Now this may be telling everone how ignorant I am of diesel engines, but in the picture of the engine there is a small valve attached to the injector pump with a round kob on it. Hose comes off of it and goes to the injectors. Any help would be good . Thanks:D Dusty

Attachments

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Dusty, I've never had to use that knob, and hope you don't either. I believe it is used to hand pump the lines with fuel to purge the air from the lines This is after you run it dry and put fuel back in your tank. If I'm wrong, maybe someone will correct me. ps: still wish I lived next door.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Dusty thats your air vent screw. When I had my B6200 I used it to bleed the system. The one on my B8200 is broken and would have to loosen the lines to bleed it.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Pat, Ds, Thanks for kickin in. I think Ds has it. This turns in and out like a water tap. A primer pump you push or pull and it usually springs back. The reason I asked was , when trying to figure why the tractor smoked at times I turned this knob. It wasn't all the way in or all the way out, it was some where in the middle. I turned it all the way in thinking this would close the valve. A few minutes later I noticed fuel dripping ( can't remember exactly where ). So I turned the knob all the way out and the drip stopped. I have had the tractor running since but only for a few seconds in the shop. But it did not seem to smoke like it did. I am waiting to get some more hyd oil in the morning to take it for a test run. Anyway thanks Guys. Tonight I installed the battery tray and battery and a fancy new cable end. I also put the rear wheels back on. No leaks from the trani yet. Couple a pics.:D Dusty

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I hope that valve was your problem. I'm not sure about your old battery tray but mine is attached to the fender also with a couple of bolts but if yours feels secure I'm sure it will be fine.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Ds, I don't know if the valve is my problem. But my battery tray was attached to the fender too. That was the problem. I would think the battery had leaked in the past, more than once because it was the cause of that fender being so rotten. I guess I am pissed off that someone ignored the problem long enough to pretty well screw the fender. This tray is solid no question there. The original tray also helped support the fender. I took care of that too. Some one should equip machinery with a mandatory bitch slap option.:D:D:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Good news and bad news. The good news is that the patch on the transmission (for now anyway) does not leak. The new seal and mid pto housing does not leak. Bad news, the oil pressure sending unit is leaking. The really scary news is there is oil leaking around exhaust manifold at the rear cylinder.:D:):mad::eek: Dusty