B7800 Wix or Fram filter numbers for oil and hydraulic filters.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a Cummings diesel in my motor home, Cummings said the engine is guaranteed for life as long as I keep records of oil changes and filter changes. If I ever i use a Balwin there is no guarantee.
Wix is the best filter made. O'reillys are one of the main suppliers. On there web site you can look up every filter for your tractor. Good luck, don't use a Balwin.
Interesting OPINION!
I am thinking that you probably have a Cummins ("Cummings" ?) diesel in your motor home.
Baldwin ("Balwin ?") has been making filters for longer than WIX, and is highly respected in the heavy equipment and trucking industry.
Me thinks that a Cummins dealer is having some fun blowing hate Baldwin smoke up your Axx.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My poor B7200 has had nothing but Fram oil filters on it for the 30 years I have owned it. I must be really lucky 🤣

Dan
Dan -

I had used Fram in my JD 425 garden tractor for 12 years without issue. Kawasaki liquid cooled twin cylinder.

Were easy to get at my local TSC. Given time, I might remember the filter #.

I put several hundred hours on it, and traded it in when I bought my Kubota with a Fram filter on it. Tractor was in super shape with a full complement of attachments/accessories available for the model.

That said, my very rudimentary analysis of the two in my hands didn’t make me think the Fram was the better choice in favor of the K-branded version.

I only related my own experience. Did not suggest anything beyond that.

With that information, anyone is free to do as they deem prudent.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
But not my point. The B7200 has also had nothing but Traveler UTF from TSC in it for those 30 years. I think brand is probably the least important thing in the equation.

Dan
You think that fluid manufactured with additives to specifically meet an equipment manufacturers specifications is not a valid concept?
Is it probable that the metallurgy of 2022 Kubota tractor gears may have very different wear characteristics than those of a 30 year old Kubota?

Then again there is the theory that anything goes!
During WWII, in jungle areas with no supplies available, urine was reportedly used in hydraulic systems.
It was readily available, and also pre-filtered. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Interesting OPINION!
I am thinking that you probably have a Cummins diesel in your motor home.
Baldwin ("Balwin ?") has been making filters for longer than WIX, and is highly respected in the heavy equipment and trucking industry.
Me thinks that some Cummins dealer is having some fun blowing Baldwin hate smoke up your Axx.
I was told that from the Cummings Customer Service back in 2001.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You think that fluid manufactured with additives to specifically meet an equipment manufacturers specifications is not a valid concept?
Is it probable that the metallurgy of 2022 Kubota tractor gears may have very different wear characteristics than those of a 30 year old Kubota?

Then again there is the theory that anything goes!
During WWII, in jungle areas with no supplies available, urine was reportedly used.
It was readily available, and also pre-filtered. :ROFLMAO:
I find it improbable and just indicative of the FUD that permeates these debates. I think the metallurgy and wear formulations are damn near generic. The lubricants are all GL4 gear / AW hydraulic oils and all demonstrate similar performance with the same battery of industry standard tests.

In the lubrication journals the only real claim to fame Kubota makes for SUDT2 is cold temperature pumpability and water tolerance - neither of which has anything to do with the metallurgy of the parts. In terms of pumpability and water tolerance it has a documented performance advantage over conventional UTTO formulations and that is why my L3901 HST gets SUDT2. I would expect very similar results with Hygard from JD or Ultraction SSL from CNH since they are similar formulations with well documented performance. They are not attractive alternatives for me since Hygard is the same price as SUDT2 and Ultraction SSL is a lot more expensive and harder to get. There are a few other formulations around but they are similarly priced and also hard to get.

Dan

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I realize that millions of people have used Frams for many years. I used them for several years on my first cars. Then I went to work for a repair shop that also ran tractor trailers throughout the east coat. We did our own work on the trucks and had the auto repair shop work as well. My boss was an excellent mechanic and he was the one that warned me about Frams. His main complaint was the filter endcaps, which at the time were made of cardboard and would sometimes disintegrate inside the filter. Today Fram uses their “synthetic” encaps that look like felt. I don’t trust them. Below is a video of Fram, Wix, and Motorcraft filters cut apart, analyzed and compared. It’a your equipment. Run what you want. I just choose not to use Fram. I will use Wix, Baldwin, Kubota and others that I have seen test results on.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I was told that from the Cummings Customer Service back in 2001.
OPINION from a hateful/nasty Cummins customer service person?
I very seriously doubt that Cummins corporate would make such a totally stupid statement.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
True!
But IM

AGREED!
But.......IMHO it is FAR more important to NOT cheap out on fluid, than it is to cheap out on filters.
The best filter on the planet will not provide proper service with crappy/cheap fluid.
WHAaaaa…????? but YOU posted…

But....the OP is asking about FILTERS....not FLUIDS!

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
I have a B7800 and like to change fluids and filters regularly. But the cost of Kubota filters and fluids are expensive. Has anyone ever used Wix or Fram filters and if so do you have the comparable numbers? I have used a Wix 51334 oil filter without a problem. I had found that a Wix 51551 is supposed to work for the hydraulic oil filter but have not tried it yet. And I have found no numbers for the HSD filter in a Wix or Fram.
Kubota thinks it Green... Far as pricing for the last few year. Wix! If you go to U tube for a review like this one or others.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Just pointing out the relationship between filters and fluids.
Didn't realize that might confuse some.
The one confused seems to be you. ;)

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The one confused seems to be you. ;)
Of course.....
I actually know very little George, but I do know that you have .......
OTT posting diarrhea !

Last edited:
  • Haha

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Of course.....
I do know very little George, but I do know that you have .......
OTT posting diarrhea !
Fried, you need to start toning it down and stop ruining threads with your BS statements like this. OP asked a good question and you have to constantly derail threads to get into a pissing match with someone and rant about something other than the OP’s question. Either post helpful answers to an OP’s question or don’t reply. If you want to hear yourself babble and get into fights, then start your own threads in the Off Topic section.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
What color grease should I be using on my hazard light switch?

36.7% molybdenum?

Reactions: 1 users