B7510 PTO gear shift fork broken

IVAN tnst

Equipment
B7510 FEL, Snowblower, Bushhog, Scraper Box, Grader, 4"wood chipper
Aug 8, 2014
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Hey guys,

A little advise is needed here, I broke the PTO gear shift fork and I'm looking at splitting the tractor to do the job myself.
I bought the WSM and was wondering if there is special things I should be looking for and if I should be changing anything else while I'm in there?

Thanks.

Ivan

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
How old is the tractor. If it's an older machine, now would be a good time to look at the clutch and release bearing. That could save you another split later on. Look for leaking seals that might require a split too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When I dive into something like that I do the same as, rentthis.
Inspect or if high hour just replace the clutch parts, and I replace any O-Ring seal and gasket that I get into.
If there is no gasket have anaerobic sealant and/or silicone sealant on hand to put it back together. ;)

IVAN tnst

Equipment
Aug 8, 2014
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Thanks for the replies guys, the tractor has 240 hrs on it, I will certainly be looking for any leaks or wear.
I talked to the dealer and they told me that it was a 14 to 16 hrs job for them.
Looking at the WSM it does not look to be to hard and the fork is $120.

I'm an aircraft mechanic and I've done worse on C130 aircraft.
Should I remove the rear tires or leave them on when I split-it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I leave the rear wheels on, on a split, allows you to roll the rear away from the motor or transmission.
The only time I would pull the wheels is if I needed to get into the rear diff or axles.

IVAN tnst

Equipment
Aug 8, 2014
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
I'm not worried about the weight thanks Dr. but like Wolfman said it will be easier to move the back end away.

Wolfman; do you keep the ROPS and the rear fender on or they really have to be off, I know the floor has to go.

Thanks guys.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Every model varies a little I pull the ROPS and fenders on both of mine just to have more room to work and easier accessibility to all the parts needed to split it. ;)
A good quality transmission jack and / or a very stable floor jack and some good heavy jack stands come into play with the split, as does a nice flat hard surface.

IVAN tnst

Equipment
Aug 8, 2014
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Thanks Wolfman,

I plan on doing this on my garage floor (good level concrete) and I have a 3 ton super heavy duty floor jack.
I will follow you recommendation and take the ROPS and the fender off, we can never have enough room to work.

Thanks again, and I'll post some pictures and how it went when I'm done.

Cheers

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Shouldn't have to pull the ROPS, but the fenders and platform pieces will need to be pulled. Take alot of pictures of the right side platform, where all the cruise control and brake pedal linkages hook up, you'll thank yourself later