B7500 loss of power

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
Hi

I have an issue that append sometime on my B7500. In the middle of a job the tractor complete loose power and the engine come near to stop. At some moment at was thinking it was the breather of the fuel tank. This is not the right thing because unscrew the fuel cap never change the issue. The fuel filter is new, the air filter is new.

Is someone as an idea what I can check to fix this

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Re: B7500 loose power

A couple of things to check:
1. Make sure you have good fuel flow out of the tank. There have been a lot of cases where something foreign got into the tank and limited the fuel flow.
2. Check for the possibility of an air leak in the fuel system. I had a very small split in the plastic return line from the injectors which let air into the fuel pump.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Also check the fuel filter base. There is a valve inside that closes when you remove the filter, sometimes stuff gets caught in it reducing flow. The other possibility is the fuel lift pump that feeds the injection pump may be getting weak. I had that happen on my fathers B7500. Had to put a new lift pump on it.

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city

Also check the fuel filter base. There is a valve inside that closes when you remove the filter, sometimes stuff gets caught in it reducing flow. The other possibility is the fuel lift pump that feeds the injection pump may be getting weak. I had that happen on my fathers B7500. Had to put a new lift pump on it.
Do You see way to test the pump?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Do You see way to test the pump?

I pulled the out line off the pump and cranked the tractor over and it would pump fuel out weakly and erratically.

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city

A couple of things to check:
1. Make sure you have good fuel flow out of the tank. There have been a lot of cases where something foreign got into the tank and limited the fuel flow.
2. Check for the possibility of an air leak in the fuel system. I had a very small split in the plastic return line from the injectors which let air into the fuel pump.
I have an interesting update. Today I was working with the tractor and it did the same power loss. I checked the fuel filter bowl and I was seeing some air bubbles coming. I think it is an interesting clue

Last edited by a moderator:

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
If there is air getting into the fuel filter it must be coming from somewhere between the filter and the fuel tank. It seems like a leak there would cause it to drip fuel when not running?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It also could be caused by a blocked vent on the tank, it will cause it to suck air into the filter housing even though there will be no leaks.

Other options would be a bad seal on the filter housing, cracked filter housing, or bad fuel line. ;)

grsabourin

Apr 7, 2014
Quebec city
It also could be caused by a blocked vent on the tank, it will cause it to suck air into the filter housing even though there will be no leaks.

Other options would be a bad seal on the filter housing, cracked filter housing, or bad fuel line. ;)
The vent of the thank was an option but by opening th cap of the tank I have the same issue