B748 Snowcaster help needed

Pipewelder

Equipment
B7100 with 425 original hours
Sep 28, 2014
Kenmore, NY
Hi everyone, new to Kubota. I have a 7100 with geared trans and 4wd. I'm currently installing the B748 for winter use. It looks as though all the parts are present. Installed the front electro-magnetic clutch and flipped switch and everything works as it should. The question I have is does anyone know the Kubota part number for the belt? Believe it's 66.75 long. Also a part number for the chute turning shaft. I'm in the process of purchasing a manual for the blower but figured I'd kill 2 birds while waiting. Thx in advance for any help, much obliged. God Bless.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There are several sub models for that snowblower, B748, B748A, B748B.
The belts look to be the same for all P/N 70060-00028
But the chute drives are all different.
Can you post a picture of what you have?

Pipewelder

Equipment
Sep 28, 2014
Kenmore, NY
Thx for replying, N.I.W. I'll take some photos when I get a free second. I'm new to the tractor scene but I'm already psyched at the vision of purchasing some acreage and using my little machine. Probably won't be feeling so hot once I have to start shelling out some $$$ for repairs. HaHa. Also, if I may pick your brain further? The (2) 48" hydro lines coming from the blower lift cylinder that travel up to the "joystick" valve are looking pretty ratty and want to change out. Any part numbers for those? Would like to put female quick disconnects on joystick valve. Also wanting to install male quick connects on lines from the blower. The (2) 12" lines from the joystick valve to the removeable block on lower right hand side of tractor are also in similiar shape. Any idea of part #'s? Can that be left hooked up permanently? Just need to turn valve handle located under the seat 180 degrees to switch between rear arms or joystick?
Sorry that this is so long winded and all over the place. The local Kubota dealers haven't really been extremely helpful. Maybe because of the age? Maybe because of the work required on their part? Maybe the fact that it won't be a huge order? Just ordered the belt and manual for 25.00 combined. No complaints here.

Thx again for any advice you can give me, more appreciated than you can imagine. Have a great day and God Bless. Ian

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hydraulic lines are much cheaper done locally, look around your area, take the old lines in when you get them done up.

Pipewelder

Equipment
Sep 28, 2014
Kenmore, NY
Yeah, unfortunately I'm having a difficult time procuring the lines. What you've suggested, I'll have to do just that. There's a dealer not far from me. Thx a bunch for all your help. God Bless, Ian

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For your hyd. lines you can usually get them made up at NAPA stores or around here we have O'Reilly (often referred to as Oh Really). Both make custom hoses.