B7100HST Kubota

quinka

Equipment
L245DT with FEL and backhoe, B7100HST
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Originally Posted by quinka
Hi Vic,

I have a B7100HST with 1700 hrs on it. I purchased it with 1300 hrs and the hydro worked fine, I could stop it anywhere at any rpm and put brake on and it would stop just fine. I changed the filter (hydraulic) and adjusted the neutral on the hydraulic actuator as well as cleaned it, but it will not stop at all now, even at idle, it tries to go forward or backward so I have to shut it down to get off. Can you help me with this problem please? You helped me with my steering box on my L245DT and now it is rebuilt thanks to you.

I always look at your videos. What is wrong with my B7100HST as it is a great tractor.

Thanks Frank (quinka) on forum.

quinka

Equipment
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Hi all,

I checked the manual I have and it stated there might be dirt on the mechanism that controls the shifting ie. the bearing and fork inside the frame, so I cleaned it all up and sprayed diesel fuel on it to degrease it, then blew air lightly on it to dry it up. didn't work. Manual stated at last resort, adjust the neutral position on the adjuster (inside covered hole in frame) but it stated it should not need adjustment as factory adjustment should be good.

So I jacked the back wheels up and ran the tractor in slow speed, then with screw driver, moved the notch forward to get forward moving slightly and marked location of notch on unit, then moved to reverse and repeated marking the location. Found neutral position and tightened it then tried it again and same thing. release foot pedal and it comes back to neutral, put brake on lightly and get off tractor, transmission moves tractor forward or reverse slowly with straining on transmission. Never happened before. I could put brake on and leave tractor running and it stayed put just fine.

Help Vic! Nothing else wrong with this beauty after all these years.

By the way all (including Vic) I replaced all the seals and bearings in the left front wheel of my 4 wheel drive L245 DT and now it is like power steering even with loader bucket full. Steering was not the problem, wheel drive was.

Thanks all,

Frank

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hi all,

I checked the manual I have and it stated there might be dirt on the mechanism that controls the shifting ie. the bearing and fork inside the frame, so I cleaned it all up and sprayed diesel fuel on it to degrease it, then blew air lightly on it to dry it up. didn't work. Manual stated at last resort, adjust the neutral position on the adjuster (inside covered hole in frame) but it stated it should not need adjustment as factory adjustment should be good.

So I jacked the back wheels up and ran the tractor in slow speed, then with screw driver, moved the notch forward to get forward moving slightly and marked location of notch on unit, then moved to reverse and repeated marking the location. Found neutral position and tightened it then tried it again and same thing. release foot pedal and it comes back to neutral, put brake on lightly and get off tractor, transmission moves tractor forward or reverse slowly with straining on transmission. Never happened before. I could put brake on and leave tractor running and it stayed put just fine.

Help Vic! Nothing else wrong with this beauty after all these years.

By the way all (including Vic) I replaced all the seals and bearings in the left front wheel of my 4 wheel drive L245 DT and now it is like power steering even with loader bucket full. Steering was not the problem, wheel drive was.

Thanks all,

Frank
Mine does this a little- it typically wants to creep a little in reverse. I have had other hydros before, and they tended to creep a little- I have just accepted it as a fact of life. Maybe I shouldn't, but to compensate, I just kick the high/low lever into neutral when I want to get off, and set the brake- no need to shut the tractor off.

Blackjack

Equipment
B7100 HST - D
Mar 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL, USA
Quinka,
I'm glad you posted this problem, as it seems to be a difficult one to solve. I'm with Hodge...my B7100HST has had the same problem for years, and I've learned to deal with it -same as Hodge, but I really hope someone pipes in with a solution. Strangely...mine also creeps rearward. (I think I still have a post dealing with this same problem from April 2010 on this forum, that has never been responded to....so it must be just a tough problem.

Now...because I'm adding a log splitter attachment, and need to raise the RPM's to get a reasonable gpm - I need to put the high/low gear in neutral so it won't wear on the brakes. (Good idea to have it out of gear anyway...)

I saw the same note about "Manual stated at last resort, adjust the neutral position on the adjuster (inside covered hole in frame) but it stated it should not need adjustment as factory adjustment should be good." and did not want to touch it, until someone on this forum might suggest it....which has not happened yet. Still, I'm suspecting that therein lies the fix. Would anyone (who has experience with that adjustment)...please give us your opinion.

Still...I hope you post any solutions that work....cause I'll sure try it.
Blackjack

quinka

Equipment
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Hi Blackjack,

I also found the manual states you shouldn't adjust the unit inside the frame, but I tried it anyway. It is easy enough to do (raise back wheels and adjust while running low rpm's) it is a pinpoint adjustment though, as one little tiny move in either direction can change wheel direction. Quite easy to re-adjust though. I was told by a Kubota mechanic (highly knowledgable) last week, that it's nothing to do with changing the fluid, broken spring or bent spring (on activator) will do it I'm going to check mine for that next week as I am busy with my L245DT right now mowing and moving dirt.

I WILL get it back to where it was before and when I do I will post it for the rest of you that wish to know. Mine was able to run high rpm's while brake was on (for spraying) and I could walk away with hand spraying unit and spray far away, then come back to tractor, step on the brake to disengage and off I go, never creeped in gear at all. I WILL get it back there. The manual says it is in the activator being dirty, but it's sooo hard to get at with the belly mower on.

Frank

flynavy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100 HST-D w/FEL,654 Whel Hrs w/blade, 2654 Hsqv mowr, 28h Cfstm snowblower&cab
May 1, 2014
Laurel Springs, NJ
My B7100 HST also creeps, figured its just an inherent part of the beast...
I've learned to deal with it.:(

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My B7100 HST also creeps, figured its just an inherent part of the beast...
I've learned to deal with it.:(
It's VERY easy to fix that creeping problem!

Just go to Kubotabooks.com and download the WSM for your tractor and it will show you exactly how to fix it, it's a simple adjustment, takes about 10min to fix.