B7100 Upgrades / Mods

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My B7100 got shipped up north to work on my mom's place, so Power steering was put on hold till it comes back home.
I have some of the parts already, steering controller was my #1 purchase for it, they are not cheap and I was able to get one for a good price.

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
Which steering valve did you order?

How will you plumb it?

I assume it will be full hydro, not steering assist?

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
I am amazed at the ingenuity and skills here. You guys come up with some great ideas then turn them into reality....

A really great thread and amazing execution!

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Amazing, great read and very informative and inspiring... this may be the only root I have open too me to fit a FEL too my b6000 here in blighty as not much available.

Though i'll have to learn to weld or find someone to do it for me...

What thickness steel would you suggest for the fel bucket

An inspired orange tractor owner

aluthin:)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Amazing, great read and very informative and inspiring... this may be the only root I have open too me to fit a FEL too my b6000 here in blighty as not much available.

Though i'll have to learn to weld or find someone to do it for me...

What thickness steel would you suggest for the fel bucket

An inspired orange tractor owner

aluthin:)
Look in the ULTIMATE [[READ ME]] in the Implements/Attachment Forum. There are two companies listed there that make aftermarket FEL's for older tractors. Check to see if they make one for yours.

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Look in the ULTIMATE [[READ ME]] in the Implements/Attachment Forum. There are two companies listed there that make aftermarket FEL's for older tractors. Check to see if they make one for yours.
Thanks coach, I checked, but unfortunately both are USA based and am UK based and money won't stretch to importing... I'll keep on looking, though I might find something close in size from another make that I could adapt.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Aluthin,
I found it much easier to adapt a mini skid steer bucket to the Loader I built than it was to make one from scratch. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Gordon

Equipment
B7100hst,loaderb1630-c
Jul 18, 2015
Oxford,Michigan
gssixgun, Yeppers it is! It's up and running and getting started on the loader here shortly.

seanbarr, I've rebuilt a few of those. If you can't find anyone to do it give a shout.

tmessenger, It's not pulling too hard... In fact I didn't even notice it, but I do suspect the battery is fully charged and the lights didn't pull it down too much.

I got the alternator brackets made, installed, and set up. I will still need to do a little more work on the side shield and the hood, but it will do for now. It's ended up being narrower than I first thought it would be, the loader will fit fine around it.
View attachment 7768

View attachment 7769

I also installed the LED head lights.
View attachment 7770

I picked up and old cement mixer and thought it would be nice not to have to lug it around by hand so now it's got a 3 point set up to move it around. I was thinking about making it PTO powered but this works for now.
View attachment 7771
Where did you find the led head lights ,I think they look great,would be a nice upgrade on my b7100!