B7100 rusted wheels

SharkmanDan

Jun 21, 2015
Evening Shade, OK
I'm brand new to tractors. Just bought a B7100D Friday. It came with a blade and a brush hog, and a wheel so rusted out, that I must replace it. I'm putting feelers out for a wheel. The tire is good, but the wheel is shot. Any chance you have an extra 12x5 front wheel?
Also, I'm trying to find out what other attachments I could get for it, that might be useful, on my little 20 acre farmette.
A Backhoe, front loader scoop, trencher, and a post hole auger, all seem like they could be useful, but I don't know if they will work with it. I have no manual, or anything. I'm just trying to figure it out, by doing, and can't even drive it yet. Any help from those of you experienced with B7100D's would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello
I am parting out a B6100. I have wheels . Are you looking for one or two.
Thank you Lance

SharkmanDan

Jun 21, 2015
Evening Shade, OK
Lance, I only need one, but if the price is right, I'd take both. I'll see if I can PM you from the Tapatalk app. Otherwise, I might have to get on the laptop, at home, to use the browser version.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a friend who is trying to sell 4 turf tires and wheels from a B7100.
Front rim 12 x5 JA 5 80
Rear rim 16.5 x 5.5 OF 6 80

He is in Canada so your US $ go further but since the tires and wheels are like new he is asking $1100 .

The rear rims include sliding hubs but they can be removed from the wheels if your tractor does not have them.

Post here if you want more details. I have lots more photos and his contact info.

Dave M7040

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I apologize. I've been told it was crass of me to hijack someone else's thread. So, thanks anyway folks.
Did I miss something? Not sure how you can hijack your own thread, much less need to apologize for it.

SharkmanDan

Jun 21, 2015
Evening Shade, OK
I originally posted under a thread of very similar subject. Some control operator took my post and began this new thread, apparently. Then, chastising me, in a private message, about having hijacked a thread.
I'm new at this. In a couple of other similar websites, I'm encouraged to keep it topical, and not get several threads going, that cover the same subject, as it simply gets confusing. So, I'm used to having multiple people talk about their issues on a single thread, covering one general topic.
But, since I apparently don't know my manners, I'll just lurk, and hope I learn something from lurking. I'm certainly not one who wants to offend folks, or step on toes. That's all.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dan, must be some misunderstanding somewhere. Glad you're here. Stick around.

If you can't find different wheels for you tractor, you could patch what you have. Simply get some metal near the same thickness, bend to the shape around the damaged part, and use a wire welder to glue it together.

Grind the inside smooth so there is no damage if you use a tube.

If the wheel is just too far gone, and need a replacement, you might check here. Or post back and someone might have one or know another location for you to check.

SharkmanDan

Jun 21, 2015
Evening Shade, OK
Thanks D2Cat. I'm trying to kind my manners. I don't want to be a jerk, and I don't want to cause issues. I'm a tractor idiot, and trying to learn, and apparently, while I'm at it, I need to learn the specific manners, for individual BBS's.
If anyone here can tell me, I need help finding a different wheel now. Apparently, this tractor must have sat in water, on its left side, for a LONG time. The left rear wheel is rusted worse than the front. I found the replacement front wheel at Farmland Tractor, and it's a perfect fit. But, the rear wheel, is getting difficult to locate. Mine, is a 5"x16" wheel, like it should be. But the hub size is different than Kubota specifies. I've now bought and returned two wheels, and both were 5"x16" with 6" lug patterns. Most every photo I look at, appears to be about that size. MINE, on the other hand, is a 4.75" lug pattern.
If that's not the normal size for a B7100, then I have no idea what to order, to get the right wheel.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take a picture of the hub and post it.
You are talking rear rims right,
My fronts are 4.75 on six on the fronts.
Rears are 6" centers.

Do you have hex axles?

There is several options that you can take to replace the rims.

SharkmanDan

Jun 21, 2015
Evening Shade, OK
Maybe I can get another question answered, here, without having to start an entire new thread?
When I want to shut it down, the only way I seem to be able to shut it down, is to use the de-compression knob.. There is a sticker on the dash, that is partially obliterated, but, it seems to be warning against doing just that. How do I shut it down, if not through de-compression?
I know the question is not rusted wheel related, but, I'm guessing that any of you experienced folks already know this. Since I'm a tractor dummy, it seems simpler to just ask here, than to start a whole new thread.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
To shut tractor off. Set throttle to idle. Then pull up on small lever just under right side of dash.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well several things, and options for you.

Just off of a few of the pic's that you have given, looks like you actually have a b7001 and not a B7100, three are subtle differences between the 2, but could be wrong on that as there is many a different variables in all the Kubota models and years.
I am pretty sure of one thing that is going on is that you at least have B7001 hubs and wheels they are different from the b7100 hubs and wheels.

The easiest thing for you would be to get a set of b7100 hubs and then they will fit the wheels that you have been ordering.
I checked the hubs that I have here they have the same shaft hole size as what you need.
There are 2 common B7100 hubs:

Older style:

Newer style, better fitment!

Last edited:

SharkmanDan

Jun 21, 2015
Evening Shade, OK
Oh, as I mentioned in a previous post, above, it may say B7100 on the cowl, but, next to the serial number, it definitely says B7001. According to tractordata.com that confirms that it is an Asian market variant. So, yes, you would be correct in that.
But, I'm not necessarily looking for "easiest", as easiest is often more costly. I'm giving serious thought to getting this up and going, then selling it, to get something a bit larger, that also has a front loader. Adding a little front loader to this, is just about as costly, as buying another one with a good sized front loader.