B7100 Loader Hydraulic Issue

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Greetings, I just replaced the control valve on my B7100. I have a KMW K-85 loader on the tractor. The original control valve was a Cessna and I replaced it with a BLB BM 40. The new control valve is rated at 9 gpm. I just finished the install and now do not have any down pressure on the lift arms and the bucket tilt/curl seems quite a bit slower than it did with the Cessna set up. I'm wondering if the return line and the pressure line are reversed but hesitate to change them for fear of damaging something. I did top up the hydraulic fluid and don't have any obvious leaks. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Erik

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are the ports of the new valve are labeled P (Power = In) and T (Tank= Return)?

So P is from the Pump and T goes on to the three point (in this situation you use T as PB (power beyond)

Hooked up this way will give you a full working system unless you have the Relief valve set too low.

Erik Graham

Equipment
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Greetings;

Thanks for the tip on the T and P markings, I hadn't noticed them as I was installing the new valve but as chance would have it the lines were in the correct ports. Your other suggestion of the relief valve pressure being set too low is the likely answer. I went to the BLB website and although it doesn't specifically say the relief valve is variable it looks to me as if it might be. I've attached a JPEG of the valve in hopes that someone is more familiar with the set up than I am might be able to tell me whether it is actually adjustable. There is a set screw on the end and I'm thinking that I would likely loosen the 3/4" nut a bit and turn the set screw in or out. Also thinking that turning the set screw in would increase the pressures. Any insights greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Erik

IMG_1305.jpg

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Greetings, I just replaced the control valve on my B7100. I have a KMW K-85 loader on the tractor. The original control valve was a Cessna and I replaced it with a BLB BM 40. The new control valve is rated at 9 gpm. I just finished the install and now do not have any down pressure on the lift arms and the bucket tilt/curl seems quite a bit slower than it did with the Cessna set up. I'm wondering if the return line and the pressure line are reversed but hesitate to change them for fear of damaging something. I did top up the hydraulic fluid and don't have any obvious leaks. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Erik
Erik
Where did you purchase the BLB directional control valve? Bucher Hydraulics? Or some other?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I believe that turning it in will give you a higher pressure.

Erik Graham

Equipment
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I purchased the BLB control valve from Princess Auto here in Toronto. Purchase price before tax was $249 Canadian. I purchased this one as it is a fairly well known brand and I can buy some replacement parts off the shelf locally.

Will try turning that set screw in and see what happens. I took another look at the old Cessna valve that was on there before and it didn't have it's own pressure relief valve, I'm assuming it relied on the PR valve that also regulates the 3pt, which does squeal when it's unhappy.

Thanks again, Erik

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Post a picture of the Cessna valve if you can. I bet it has a pressure relief, it's just hidden under "something".

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I purchased the BLB control valve from Princess Auto here in Toronto. Purchase price before tax was $249 Canadian. I purchased this one as it is a fairly well known brand and I can buy some replacement parts off the shelf locally.

Thanks again, Erik
Thanks

I've not seen them offered here in the States. A look on their web site suggests they have some variety for those who may desire less than 10 gpm flow rates.