B7100 Kubota

truck12552

Sep 20, 2015
Bennett, CO
I have an older B7100HST It will not start I thought it was the switch so replaced it with new I now have clock working on both glow plug and start positions that I did not have before. But no starter turn over I do hear a lite click on the left side of the dash. I have 12 volts to the starter. Don't know if I need a new power regulator or starter solenoid. Have any ideas Thanks

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Connect meter to small wire on starter, see if you get 12 v when turning to crank.
Also do same thing on big starter terminal. If 12 drops out on big terminal, remove and clean both ends of both battery cables. Pay particular attention to ground cable where it mounts to frame or block.

Clutch switch pto safety switch seat switch. All kinds of reasons for no crank.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
The light click on the left is probably the hour meter- mine does that.
There is a wire bundle under the right side of the dash, near where the ignition switch is installed. In that bundle are 3 inline fuses (bus)- check those. I believe that one of them is for the starter. I believe that the other two are for the hourmeter/safety blinkers, and the headlights.

Welcome to the forum!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have an older B7100HST It will not start I thought it was the switch so replaced it with new I now have clock working on both glow plug and start positions that I did not have before. But no starter turn over I do hear a lite click on the left side of the dash. I have 12 volts to the starter. Don't know if I need a new power regulator or starter solenoid. Have any ideas Thanks
Truck,

first thing I would do is make sure all the large wires to the battery,starter and solenoid are "bright" and "tight" - take em off and clean them! Then see if that makes a difference. Also - how old is the battery? - bring another battery along side and see if that make the starter move. 12 volts is good, but you could place a 28 gauge wire there and get 12 volts, the amps is what you need to have to make the starter sing - so those larger wires need to be very tight and clean.

Report back with your findings:)