B7100 HST rattling noise

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
When I did my B7100 I raised the front of the tractor up with a hoist to about 40 deg. with the rear tires blocked real good. I could then get the shaft and coupling out of there. I didn't replace clutch components though.
Are you saying you "got the shaft and coupling out of there" without splitting tractor by hoisting front up?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm pretty sure I did. It's been a few years back. I'll Look to see if I have some pictures. I still have the sleeve piece I got "unwelded" and the piece I made to get the new bushing/sleeve that goes through the bell housing.

aboonzaayer

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4wd
Jan 31, 2024
Mishawaka, IN
The rattle started randomly as I was mowing one day last summer. As soon as I heard it I throttled down and disengaged the mower, and it went away so I kept on going. I don't remember exactly but it would do it maybe every other time I would mow, but always go away if I brought it back to idle for a couple seconds or so.. I mow about 2 acres, takes about 1.5 hours. I can't say it absolutely, but I'm pretty sure it only does it when it's warm/hot.

When it happened the other day it was after a couple hours of pushing brush around with a back blade, in 4x4 in low range holding the diff lock the whole time. It wasn't whistling but I imagine it was as hot as it could get in 45 degree weather, could it be temperature related? First time I heard it I figured it was a rod let go, but the motor sounds great at all RPM's..

I'd love to not have to split it, D2 that would be awesome if you could confirm that.

I need something with a loader so I'm really just getting it ready to send down the road, but I don't want to hand someone else a ticking time bomb..

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I'd love to not have to split it, D2 that would be awesome if you could confirm that.

I need something with a loader so I'm really just getting it ready to send down the road, but I don't want to hand someone else a ticking time bomb..
Unless you are able to diagnose and/or fix, may I suggest having a seasoned mechanic listen to it before proceeding to sale. (A) If he tells you what it needs the money is well spent. (B) If he tells you the noise isn't something to worry about you can sell it without remorse.