B7100 HST loader

EZOilburner

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 8, 2019
Frederick
Hi first post here, been lurking for some time and can't find an answer to this question. I have a leaking tilt cylinder on my kubota loader, I have the loader model b1630c, I believe the rod is 1" in diameter. I got a reseal kit, I put it back together and it still leaks from the head that holds the end of the cylinder. I don't believe I put it back together wrong I think it might be the cylinder tube may be worn, it doesn't look like it, but the kit I got is from kubota and it had every seal in.
Does anyone have a suggestion on which aftermarket cylinder can replace this one? I have the loader manual but it doesn't have the specifics on the size and stroke of the kubota cylinder.

Help with this much appreciated. Thanks, EZ.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I doubt the cylinder rod is wore to the point of a leaking seal. Might have installed the wrong parts, or one is twisted.

Before I'd be replacing the rod I would take the cyl. to a hyd. repair shop and have them put a new kit in.

EZOilburner

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 8, 2019
Frederick
Thanks, I did get a kit but it doesn't hold pressure, I think it could be the housing not he rod that is wore out, I did put it back together same as it came out but with new seals.
How can I figure out what size aftermarket cylinder to get? The manual does not explain much other than saying 1" rod if I remember correctly.

Thanks, EZ.

EZOilburner

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 8, 2019
Frederick
Is there any scoring or other damage?
Not really but I think the grove for the metal ring retainer may be worn or it could be the housing is ovalized, it just wont hold pressure. A new one from kubota is almost $600.

If anyone knows I could really use the specs on the cylinder to order an aftermarket or if someone already ordered one. Thanks in advance I appreciate the advise. I found an aftermarket brand but I'm unsure if it will work.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not really but I think the grove for the metal ring retainer may be worn or it could be the housing is ovalized, it just wont hold pressure. A new one from kubota is almost $600.

If anyone knows I could really use the specs on the cylinder to order an aftermarket or if someone already ordered one. Thanks in advance I appreciate the advise. I found an aftermarket brand but I'm unsure if it will work.
Go to bailey hydraulics and you can insert all the specs that you need and they will match the cylinder.

EZOilburner

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 8, 2019
Frederick
Go to bailey hydraulics and you can insert all the specs that you need and they will match the cylinder.
Thank You, I'm trying to build one online right now. I don't have the cylinder with me here, anyone know the retracted and extended length of the tilt cylinder. If I find one and it works I will post the part number in case someone else needs it.

Thanks, EZ.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Thanks for posting the result. Care to share the cost of the replacement cylinder? :)

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Thanks, At some point I will be working on mine. I plan to try seals and o rings first too but it is good to have a backup plan.