B7100 HST 3Pt Hitch Not Lowering or Raising

Ct67Babon

Equipment
B7100 HST
Oct 1, 2017
Southington, CT
I have a 1981 B7100 and the 3pt hitch will not raise or lower, also have a front snowblower and that valve does not move in or out either. the control valve under/front of the seat is in the correct position (tried moving it and still did not work). changed fluid and checked filters and they were clean. the 3pt control valve when moved does not pop back to neutral. Does anybody have any ideas i can try?

B7100dJames

Equipment
1982 B7100d w FEL
Aug 30, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Did you ever get this figured out? You should be able to hear the engine bog a little when you move the 3PH handle to the lift position. If not, maybe your pump lost prime. Check hydraulic fluid level, and make sure the pump suction line has all its clamps tight.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Mine will sometimes not lift. I did an internet search and found advice to move the FEL joystick to ensure it is centered. That did the trick, TPH lift restored! I am still not sure if that means I need to rebuild the FEL valve or if it is normal behavior. Have you tried centering the plow valve and then the TPH?

The TPH should drop by gravity even if the engine is off and the valve is open. Have you tried just opening that valve?

tlcfj6082

Equipment
B7100 HST , B2550
Nov 19, 2017
MI
Did you every figure this out? My TPH is having similar issues, but it moves a little bit near the all the way lowered position.

Vincecj

Equipment
B7100, kh5
I've just bought a B7100 with a FEL. It was working when I loaded it on the trailer. The chap I bought it off said the diverter valve below the seat was seized so I gave it a twist and it moved. I've put it back to it's original position and now the FEL won't lift. Has anyone else had this problem?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Are the FEL hydraulics fed through the diverter valve, or through the hydraulic block on the right side of the engine?

If fed through the diverter valve, then the handle on the right side of the seat must be pulled back and up to supply hydraulic fluid to the diverter. That handle is the one that raises and lowers the 3ph when the diverter valve is in the other position.

If the FEL hydraulics are fed through the hydraulic block, then the diverter is down-stream and cannot interupt flow to the FEL. In that case, something else is wrong. Does the 3ph go up and down when you move the lever beside the seat? Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level? Do you hear any squealing noises?

Vincecj

Equipment
B7100, kh5
Are the FEL hydraulics fed through the diverter valve, or through the hydraulic block on the right side of the engine?

If fed through the diverter valve, then the handle on the right side of the seat must be pulled back and up to supply hydraulic fluid to the diverter. That handle is the one that raises and lowers the 3ph when the diverter valve is in the other position.

If the FEL hydraulics are fed through the hydraulic block, then the diverter is down-stream and cannot interupt flow to the FEL. In that case, something else is wrong. Does the 3ph go up and down when you move the lever beside the seat? Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level? Do you hear any squealing noises?
Thanks Torch. I'll have another look at it tomorrow

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Pictures can be very helpful if you are unsure.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Also a lot of B7100 loaders are powered by a seperate pump off the front of the engine. ;)

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Here's the under seat valve I turned. Is the black lever something to do with this?
I can't quite tell from the angle of that picture. Is there a plug or a hose on the outlet of that valve.

The black lever looks like the front wheel drive engagement lever. The red lever is the high/low range lever. There should be another on the same side, higher up, beside the seat, that controls the fluid flow to that diverter valve. When the diverter valve is turned one way (clockwise, IIRC) then the lever controls the 3ph height. When the valve is turned the other way, the lever sends or relieves fluid from whatever is piped to that outlet. If your FEL is fed through that valve, then the 3ph lever must be locked up to operate the FEL.

If you haven't already, download this manual and look at page 295 for a more detailed description.

The preferred way to power the FEL from the tractor's hydraulic system is to use the hydraulic block. See page 302 for that info.

And of course, as Wolfman already mentioned, many small tractors use a separate hydraulic pump driven off the front of the engine (or possibly even the PTO). However, I can see a hydraulic return line in one of your pictures, so I don't think that is so in your case. Separate pumps usually have separate reservoirs.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

Or are you talking about this black lever? That looks like a gear shift lever -- are you sure this is an HST (hydrostatic transmission) model?

Vincecj

Equipment
B7100, kh5
I can't quite tell from the angle of that picture. Is there a plug or a hose on the outlet of that valve.

The black lever looks like the front wheel drive engagement lever. The red lever is the high/low range lever. There should be another on the same side, higher up, beside the seat, that controls the fluid flow to that diverter valve. When the diverter valve is turned one way (clockwise, IIRC) then the lever controls the 3ph height. When the valve is turned the other way, the lever sends or relieves fluid from whatever is piped to that outlet. If your FEL is fed through that valve, then the 3ph lever must be locked up to operate the FEL.

If you haven't already, download this manual and look at page 295 for a more detailed description.

The preferred way to power the FEL from the tractor's hydraulic system is to use the hydraulic block. See page 302 for that info.

And of course, as Wolfman already mentioned, many small tractors use a separate hydraulic pump driven off the front of the engine (or possibly even the PTO). However, I can see a hydraulic return line in one of your pictures, so I don't think that is so in your case. Separate pumps usually have separate reservoirs.
Thanks Torch

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's a gear drive model with a super slow creeper gear option, it was made for rice work and trenching work.

You're going to need to give some more pictures of the loader hoses and where they connect to. ;)