B7100 Front Hydro Pump via Crankshaft.

Pipewelder

Equipment
B7100 with 425 original hours
Sep 28, 2014
Kenmore, NY
Good morning all. I'm looking for any info on the "Add On" front crankshaft mounted hydro pump for a B7100 geared model. I'm having some difficulties locating any product info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx and God Bless.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
You should be able to use about any pump that the HP/Torque ratings of the motor support and that the shaft sizes match up.

My D-17 currently has a hydraulic pump off an old road grader stuck out front off the crankshaft of the motor. It works beautifully.

Do you know the specs of the engine and shaft size?

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I have seen a lot of inexpensive pumps on ebay or surplus center. If you aren't going to work it tons, you can probably get away with some less expensive units. If you are going to be using it for daily work, you might want to go with a nicer unit.

Pipewelder

Equipment
Sep 28, 2014
Kenmore, NY
Hi Shaun. If I was to use the "lower block" and run the lines up and put a 2 handle valve on would it work ok? Would the pressure be zapped because of the limited line size/ too many circuits operating @ the same time? I'm trying to keep from having to fab up a front mount pump. Besides, I would have to remove it for the snowblower. Been doing tons of research and some 7100's that have a loader don't have a front aux pump, some do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx and God Bless.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
If you attached a loader to the existing hydraulics on the 7100D it would work, but it would be very slow and most likely underpowered. I believe I've read (but I may be wrong) that the newer HST models came with a higher flow pump than the D model.

If you don't already have a loader it may be in your best interests to pick up another b7100 that has a loader and hydraulic pump already mounted. I see a few pop up here and there on Craigslist for $3-4k. I have priced out a few new loaders to mount on mine and they cost well over that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You could pipe it into the existing hydraulic circuit, it only draws power when it's working so no real loss by doing that.
You can up the flow of the hydraulic system by replacing the pump off of a B8200 (there is several posts about how to do that on here).
I have mine piped into the block and It's not too slow or too week for what I'm doing with the loader and I still have the stock pump on mine. :)

Pipewelder

Equipment
Sep 28, 2014
Kenmore, NY
Thx everyone for chiming in. I just rec'd a surplus center mag the other day. Gonna look into a new valve and try out the existing set up
If too slow or under powered, back to the drawing board. Goal is to utilize the tractor as much as possible while not "over spending". A main goal is to keep it all stock if possible.
Also, with the snocaster B748B that is currently mounted, what would be an ideal engine rpm to safely use? Thx again everyone
God Bless

Icebota

Equipment
B7100
Aug 22, 2011
United States
I run a first year B7100D with loader on the original hydro pump with no loss of power. It is more than fast enough in the warmer months but as I'm in Alaska it gets slow in the winter. I use a single stick valve with a float so I warm it up in float to get the hydro oil flowing. Been running it for about five years with no problems, the loader is strong enough to flip the tractor if you try to lift a heavy enough load.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
If these guys say that the FEL will work just fine it will. I've been thinking of why I think my b205 dozer blade's hydraulics are slow when everyone else says their FEL is fine.... I believe it's because they are completely different attachments that move and are powered in a simular way. What I didn't realize is the differences in the geometry of movement. The FEL is lifted closer to the center of the tractor in a circular motion. The cylinders are lifting long arms with a bucket on the end creating more speed.

My blade is lifted from the very front with a short stroke of distance straight up and down. It moves at a fair rate which is fine for me. I just don't like how slow the float position moves and that is has too much resistance. The only time the blade operates too slowly is when I plow up a steep angle and have to transition to a flat surface sharply. The blade won't move quick enough to stay in touch with the ground. With the leverage of a FEL I don't think you guys would have that problem.

So pipe welder please disregard my opinion on its performance, I think they are two different animals. I also just assumed most FELs on a b7100 or similar were operated off an indirect pump to produce more hydraulic power than the tractor's pump. It makes sense to me now :D

Last edited: