b7100 FEL Valve Leaking

Saskstallion

Mar 9, 2018
Edmonton, AB, Canada
I just picked up my first Kubota B7100 this weekend. I'm new to the tractor world, and this tractor came to me with some required repairs that need to be done. I'm not afraid to take on mechanical work myself, and enjoy learning new things from people on this forum and Youtube.
The tractor has a bad leak in the FEL control valve. I don't know much about the setup, but the FEL is a KMW (K80) with a 2 spool valve setup.
Can anyone tell me if I will need to be looking at a new valve or can I get this one rebuilt with new seals etc?
Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Loader valves, in general, have "O" ring seals on the spools that keep fluid from leaking. The spools are the "pistons" the valve lever moves to direct fluid to various parts. The spools can usually be removed from either end of the casting and pulled straight out. The "O" rings are usually on each end of that spool. Typical loader valve has two spools. One spool usually has a longer housing on the back end. That is where the parts that are that make that spool lock in place, which is called "float".

Now you know just enough to be dangerous!!:D