B7100 (D750?) oil pressure port

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
It appears my oil pressure sender is bad. I thought the bulb was blown, but it's not. And key-on not running I get only ~2V with no light. I was never a big fan of idiot lights (except in my wife's car), so figure I might put on an inexpensive automotive oil pressure gage. Much more useful information for diagnostics, and got to be cheaper (if typical of prices I see for most Kubota parts). Probably add a temp gage too...

However, distracted by other things, "warning lights" (as opposed to sole option "idiot lights") are a good thing. Most of my off road vehicles and my old muscle cars got wired for both gage and light.

So my question is two fold.

1) What is the best option for a new light sender? Kubota, or other generic (cheaper) alternative?

2) Where is the best place to tie in a gage. I see from other threads that it is BST (British Standard Taper), which I've run into before with hydraulics. In my experience, hard to get stuff (other than mail order) to fit in the states. I'm guessing any pressure port on the engine will be the same, but it never hurts to ask. That likely means an order from McMaster for a BST to NPT adapter, and possibly a T/remote if there is no option other than the OEM location.

2.a) What is the expected pressure range on these motors?

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone know the exact size/thread of the oil pressure sender? That way I can just order an adapter (or T) without having to pull and measure, perhaps still ordering the wrong thing.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
1/8-in BST seems to be common on Kubotas as discussed in these forums. No guarantees in your particular application (if like me, if it's the one odd thing in the universe, I've got it).

You may want to pull the existing sender and check it's threads locally before ordering. Which itself may be a chore in a small town. I've had some luck with NAPA either having in stock or able to obtain overnight from warehouse odd adapters. Local Grainger if available may have such a critter too. NAPA may have a gauge kit they'd let you open to compare adapters included to fit various applications.

Local machine shop may have a thread pitch gauge or a 'screw-in' ChekR brand threaded plate to confirm thread pitch/profile. Tractor Supply had something similar screwed to the wall near their hydraulic section.

Don't cheap out and cram wrong thread into port. Won't work long-term.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
That's part of the problem. In the vicinity of 1/4", there appear to be several very close to being the same, and figuring general tolerances, getting it "right" may be difficult. I have thread gages and measuring tools, but would rather have a definitive reference answer.

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
I would run an 1/8" pipe tap and see how it fits. You may be surprised that its slightly smaller and the 1/8th inch will fit nicely. You can check before hand by matching pipe thread to sender threads. Don't drill the threads, just run the tap in.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would run an 1/8" pipe tap and see how it fits. You may be surprised that its slightly smaller and the 1/8th inch will fit nicely. You can check before hand by matching pipe thread to sender threads. Don't drill the threads, just run the tap in.
It's not 1/8" NPT it's 1/8" BSPT.

Just randomly running in a 1/8" NPT tap would ruin the threads completely rendering the port a huge disaster! :eek:

And Like D2Cat said, 7 year old post, he's moved past this project. ;)