B6100e wet lines ??

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
Hey there folks , inherited a b6100e with only 75 hrs on it . I would like to install remote at lines on it , can anyone give me the info I need on how to accomplish this ? Thnx love the Orange !!!

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
It's a two wheel drive with 3 pth and front electric clutch , believe it's from 78-82 or something like that , I inherited the tractor and know very little about it .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Gear driven or hydrostatic?

Clutch and shift gears or push a pedal and go forward and backwards? ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On that model there is no easy way to do it as there is no normal fittings that can be disconnected to tap into the system.
You would need to cut the pressure line and add fittings to the line to tap into it.

What exactly to you want to power or control?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take a picture of the cover of the three point cylinder, its just under the front of the seat, as there is 2 different covers and one cover you can do a bypass and power a single action cylinder with it. ;)

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
My cover doesn't have the handle for the bypass but there is a plug in the connecting line from the pump to the back the pressure line has a connection about 12" from the pump to what looks like a two plates bolted together and the is a port that has a plug in , I assume I could use it for the high pressure line , the return would be the question as I have a small two bolt block off plate on the right side of the trans case , thought of making a plate that my return line would hook into ... Just guessing here hope someone has done it before me thnx guys

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Good observation, that plate is not normally an option on that model.
You can buy the adapter plate that will bolt right on and then you will be able to power a valve.
You don't need another port as all you need it the in and out ports from the adapter block.
You take "out" from the block to "In" on your add on valve, then out from your new valve back to the "In" on the adapter block.

The block is P/N 70070-00385

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have a small two bolt block off plate on the right side of the trans case , thought of making a plate that my return line would hook into ... Just guessing here hope someone has done it before me thnx guys
I haven't done it yet, but am about to do this for my own project, and have been researching it.

The dimensions for making your own cover plate together with piping schematic are in the WSM. I have extracted the two relevant pages into this PDF.

Note that to do this, you will require an open centre style spool valve with power beyond feature. You will end up with 3 lines: a pressure line from the block to the new spool valve; a pressure line from the power beyond port of the new spool valve back to the block; and a return line from the new spool valve back to the reservoir.

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
Will this also work if I remove the plug from the junction block and use it as my pressure line and plumb my return into the transmission ( it is the reservoir ) and the pump can still use the 3pth control as my bypass valve , I won't be using the 3 pth and the dump cyl. At the same time and I did would not just a slower flow ? I m pretty sure the is a plug in the side of the trans case I can use as my return ? Then it's two lines to my control and two lines to my dumping cyl.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
As I understand it, the 3ph is an "open centre" type valve, so it won't build any substantial pressure at the hydraulic block (ie: the 3ph valve will be constantly bleeding off the pressure.) I believe the plug is just there to cap off the cross-drilled passage after manufacture.

The replacement hydraulic block cover has different passages to route the fluid in series. If the auxiliary hydraulics are not in actual use, then fluid is passed to the 3ph via the "power beyond" port. However, while the auxiliary hydraulics are being used, the 3ph gets no fluid, it returns to the transmission case.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong on a detail here. I have not done this yet, just been researching it and buying parts based on the research. Also, your fluid return options may be different. Mine is a B7100 and the only available return is through the fill opening in the top cover.

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
Let me know when you have done this to yours ... I'll be ordering the block on Friday for mine hope they still carry it

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
Called my kubota dealer and that part is no longer available .... So now what to do ? Anyone got one for sale ?

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
OK so now the hunt begins for the adapter block if anyone out there know for sure where I can find one at a dealer plz pm I will cover all the shipping costs myself just hook me up and leave the rest to me 70070-00385 thnx in advance

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I will be making one for myself in the next few days. I could make two.

Farmb0y

Sep 28, 2016
Canada
That would be fantastic if you could make a second let me know the cost and shipping to me ... Email me at glp67(at)yahoo(dot)ca the price and mailing address thnx sooo much ... Will it be aluminum or steel ? Have great day

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As I understand it, the 3ph is an "open centre" type valve, so it won't build any substantial pressure at the hydraulic block (ie: the 3ph valve will be constantly bleeding off the pressure.) I believe the plug is just there to cap off the cross-drilled passage after manufacture.

The replacement hydraulic block cover has different passages to route the fluid in series. If the auxiliary hydraulics are not in actual use, then fluid is passed to the 3ph via the "power beyond" port. However, while the auxiliary hydraulics are being used, the 3ph gets no fluid, it returns to the transmission case.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong on a detail here. I have not done this yet, just been researching it and buying parts based on the research. Also, your fluid return options may be different. Mine is a B7100 and the only available return is through the fill opening in the top cover.
You are exactly right in your thinking! ;)

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
That would be fantastic if you could make a second let me know the cost and shipping to me ... Email me at glp67(at)yahoo(dot)ca the price and mailing address thnx sooo much ... Will it be aluminum or steel ? Have great day
I was planning on steel -- I don't trust pipe threads in aluminium at those pressures and I have a nice chunk of hot-rolled bar stock just about the right size.

I see you are in Canada, so if we do this right, the shipping is free. Canada Post has a promotion for small businesses to ship one parcel free (up to 5kg) on Tuesdays in October. I registered myself as a small business with them last year so I could send parcels to the US on-line. They don't make any attempt to confirm the legitimacy of the claim, and the site let me make a free shipment yesterday. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: