B6100D Hydraulics Issue

clippy

Equipment
Kubota B6100D w/ Kubota FL1000 Tiller, Kubota Bedder, Brush Hog Mower
So I am having a leak in my hydraulics on my B6100D which I bought this past summer. It's seems to be somewhere near the hydraulic block that has been added into the high pressure line to operate the custom built FEL. I was looking at it this week and noticed the 2 fittings are pretty loose. Check out the short video on youtube.com here to see what I mean. That doesn't look right, does it? Was the wrong fitting used here? Or is it just not tightened correctly? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes those are the right fittings, they are called boss fittings.
There is an O ring under the nut.
First try holding the fitting and tighten the nut to the block, that should stop the leak.
If that doesn't stop the leak, pull the lines off, turn the fitting out install new O-Rings
install the treaded portion till it bottoms or get threaded substantially, then holding the fitting tighten the nut.

Note: Some fitting will not have an O-Ring just a copper ring, but it works the same way.

Last edited:

clippy

Equipment
Thanks Wolfman. That's great. I forgot to mention in my first post that just prior to recording the video I had actually tried tightening the nut (and it is tighter then it was) but it is still pretty loose. I'll take it off again and check for those o-rings. But it looks like I'll be o-ring shopping sometime soon.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman. That's great. I forgot to mention in my first post that just prior to recording the video I had actually tried tightening the nut (and it is tighter then it was) but it is still pretty loose. I'll take it off again and check for those o-rings. But it looks like I'll be o-ring shopping sometime soon.
When you get it apart and if it doesn't look right post some pictures and we'll help get you sorted out. ;)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
NI Wolfman is absolutely correct as usual, but my only additional observation is that the block seems to be aluminum (aluminium to be technically correct even though my spell checker hates it, us darned yanks [and canucks apparently] can't do anything like the rest of the planet!).

If it is that metal, you might want to check the threads in the block as well, if they are stripped or worn, you might need heavier duty O rings to seal properly as if enough pressure can slip by them, they will still seep or even destroy the O rings. Use proper O rings that can handle exposure to the oil and to heat.

clippy

Equipment
If it is that metal (aluminum), you might want to check the threads in the block as well, if they are stripped or worn, you might need heavier duty O rings to seal properly as if enough pressure can slip by them, they will still seep or even destroy the O rings. Use proper O rings that can handle exposure to the oil and to heat.
Thanks for that Shaun. I will check the threads in the block too. And was planning to go to a hydraulic shop for the o-rings if I need those and I will make sure they can handle the heat and oil.

Cheers.

clippy

Equipment
Just a quick update... I've not noticed any leak since I tightened up that fitting prior to recording that video. That means the priority for this particular issue has gone down the list of things to sort with the tractor. So I've not even bothered to check the o-rings or the threads. Will do so later and hopefully post a follow-up.

clippy

Equipment

That's the boss fittngs. Finally got to taking them off. There's some rubber washer/o-ring there. Is it supposed to be bigger? I also checked the treads in the block. They seem ok.

One thing I noticed... the block where fitting screws in has been countersunk. It has a measurement of 3/4". The metal washer is bigger than this "hole", it measures 7/8". That seems too big. Do you think the metal washer should fit in there exactly instead of over top of it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It is right, just put a new set of O-rings on the fittings the inside of the O-ring should be snug to the fitting.