B6100 Hydraulic Oil Screen Filter

udda

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
I'm want to change out my transmission/hydraulic oil and have located the dip stick, two draining points and where to refill the reservoir. But I seem to be struggling finding the hydraulic oil screen filter(s). Where are they located on a Kubota B6100 HST?

waterman

Equipment
b6100
Sep 11, 2013
Shepville, KY,
I got water in the transmission because of a broken shifter boot and the hydraulics were slow and spongy. Learned about the filter screen in owners manual. Had trouble finding it on the tractor so I found an article on OTT that was helpful so I thought I would post what I found in case anyone else has the same problem.
First on my b6100 the screen is on the right side of the tractor if you are in the seat.
It is under the foot rest on the side of the transmission. Note: There are 2 lines. The pressure line goes to the top of the transmission just below the seat. The screen filter is in the suction line below the foot rest. The suction line is larger than the pressure line.
You will have to drain the oil out of the transmission before taking the filter out.
There are 3 drain plugs one for the transmission and one one each side for the final drives.
I have a dozer blade on mine so I also had to drain the lines and cylinders because of the water.
Of all the things I read about the screen filter, no one said how difficult it would be to get the screen back in the transmission. When I took it out it was really dirty and slimy. After cleaning it when I was ready to put it back in when I noticed that the line would not line up with the hole in the transmission. There is a real danger of cross threading if you try to force it in alignment with the screen filter bolt. In my case the alignment was off considerably so it took some time and effort to get it to where I could screw the bolt in with my fingers but as i said, it would be easy to cross thread so don't force it with a ratchet or wrench.
Once I finally got the screen /filter back in I poured in the UDT and my problem was solved.

Last edited:

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I got water in the transmission because of a broken shifter boot and the hydraulics were slow and spongy. Learned about the filter screen in owners manual. Had trouble finding it on the tractor so I found an article on OTT that was helpful so I thought I would post what I found in case anyone else has the same problem.
First on my b6100 the screen is on the right side of the tractor if you are in the seat.
It is under the foot rest on the side of the transmission. Note: There are 2 lines. The pressure line goes to the top of the transmission just below the seat. The screen filter is in the suction line below the foot rest. The suction line is larger than the pressure line.
You will have to drain the oil out of the transmission before taking the filter out.
There are 3 drain plugs one for the transmission and one one each side for the final drives.
I have a dozer blade on mine so I also had to drain the lines and cylinders because of the water.
Of all the things I read about the screen filter, no one said how difficult it would be to get the screen back in the transmission. When I took it out it was really dirty and slimy. After cleaning it when I was ready to put it back in when I noticed that the line would not line up with the hole in the transmission. There is a real danger of cross threading if you try to force it in alignment with the screen filter bolt. In my case the alignment was off considerably so it took some time and effort to get it to where I could screw the bolt in with my fingers but as i said, it would be easy to cross thread so don't force it with a ratchet or wrench.
Once I finally got the screen /filter back in I poured in the UDT and my problem was solved.

Yep...........................

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Make sure you pull the O-ring for the filter and change it too. ;)

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Make sure you pull the O-ring for the filter and change it too. ;)
Ya know.....that dang oil ring was a challenge to put back in that little groove.....I didn't get a replacement and I think this one will work for another round of use.....but I am lernin a lot as I go along!

Thank You Sir.....reminds me to ask questions when I'm ordering parts/filters at the dealership.

jb3nny

Equipment
B6100E
Mar 26, 2020
Yarker
This thread may be old, but its super helpful. I think i need to drain again and this time clean the filter. Is there only 1 filter then on the suction line below the foot rest?