B6000 Pressure plate worn

Misleib

Equipment
B6000 with blade
Nov 19, 2016
Frederick, Maryland, USA
I have owned my trusty B6000 now for about 7 years. In that time the clutch pedal has dropped lower and lower and then it refused to disengage unless I jam it all the way and lower the rpm. I split the tractor the other day to see what was going on to find that the pressure plate fingers (there are only three) have been severely worn. The throw out bearing and clutch disk look great. The bearing spins beautifully and it never made any noise it is a little dry though. My question is, do you think it is necessary to replace the bearing and disk if they seem fine. I don't really have a good way to press a bearing anyway. Am I being foolish not replacing everything since splitting the thing was so much work? Is it common to wear pressure plate fingers, so I shouldn't worry about the bearing if it seems fine? Any advice is appreciated

rwarren324

Nov 2, 2016
US
This is not to be smart or anything but I work construction, if we change one battery we change all the batteries, especially if they were the same age, if you do brakes on one side, do brakes on both sides, if it were me, after breaking tractor into and I had the money, I would do it all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Misleib

Equipment
B6000 with blade
Nov 19, 2016
Frederick, Maryland, USA
I hear what you are saying rwarren324. It probably is the smart thing to do. I am a cheap SOB though. How hard is it to remove the bearing from the shaft with out a press? Any tricks?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
So your pressure plate is wore beyond, and you know this because you separated your tractor.

Now your question is, should you replace the clutch disc and throw out bearing. You might consider cost. Just guessing...disc $90, throw out bearing..$25, pilot bushing...$10.... So for max $150 you can have your tractor back together (oh, add for the pressure plate) and have no worries for 10-15 maybe more years. Or you can slap it back together and when the next item wears to the point your tractor won't work again, separate it and replace the next part. That bearing may seem fine now, but in 2 months you may have a different opinion!

My answers is I would not consider putting the tractor back together without replacing every part in there.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Replace every part.
Pilot bearing if equipped, disk, pressure plate and yes most definitely the throwout bearing.

It's not pressed on there very tight, most of the time you can just hold the tube a tap the bearing off.