B3350 DPF issues

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
my B3350 is back in the repair shop. new dealership.... where i purchased my tractor was sold to these people. so far, they are really trying to correct the issues.
the master mechanic came to my place with the factory service rep. they worked on it for over two hours. next day my tractor went for another ride to the service department. they found some bad sensors and something to do with the new wiring harness. this was the 12th time it has been seen for issues. we are now discussing a replacement tractor. i'm asking for a B2650 as it does not have a particulate filter with the related issues. i'm nervous about having less power, but it will have to do...:mad:

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
1. Running the tractor for a short period is a factor we have seen that causes problems it doesn't give the system enough time to preform a regeneration and in cold conditions it was not able to get up to the temp need for a regeneration in such a short period of time. So yes your unit was in a perfect condition to fail
2. I am saying we have seen dealers that didn't carry out a complete fix. The fix is complicated it is very possible to mess up on.
3. Considering you no longer have your b3350 I would guess you were in the old group and in that time we did not have the fix we have now.
4. I have 3 b3350s at home that I have done the work on myself and all of them have 250+ hours without a single failure.
Well in our case per the territory service rep. we replaced the computer system and DPF switches, and the entire DPF filter itself. While under the observation of the territory rep. Reprogrammed the unit. Still everyone is still skitish to sell it knowing it's a problem child.

Plain and simple any unit that has had multiple problems should be purchased back by Kubota whether from and end user or dealer. I will stand behind any other Kubota product and sell the unit with utmost confidence, except the B3350.

I realize you are trying to help by shedding light on the subject! But for the people having problems it won't mean a thing till it's fixed for good!

Pat

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Everyone please use respect and no throwing stone / mud and harsh words at anyone.

I'm pretty sure that KubotaServiceaRep came on here to help answer questions the best he can, and is not personally, or Kubota corporately responsible for issues with equipment.

It's a real asset to have someone with some serious insight into the issues well beyond the norm, so lets not run them off! ;)

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
my new dealership received a stop work order on my B3350 hsdc.. they should hear by monday what corporate is going to do.. i've already described what i wanted. so we will see what happens next week..

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
This might not be the place, but for those who are swapping to the 2650, are you able to run a 5' hog? I didn't realize the 50 series was only a touch smaller than the L3301 frame. Yet cheaper? And stronger loader and 3pt...

If I get new I cant have some warranty issue running a 5 footer...

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
still waiting to find out what kubota is planning to do about my B3350. they've had it almost a month now.. no news on a replacement.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I buzzed around in a B2650 cab today, not for the cab, but to feel out the size. Oh man, it was nice. Was quieter than I thought. Im sticking to my original plan from April to get an L2501. I hope it gets resolved soon...