B3350 Cranks, No Start

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Even if you clean the DPF you will need a digimaster to reset the computer.

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
I suggest you get some more input from @SDT as he advised.

He has a B3350 and is a very smart fellow. (I believe he’s an attorney, but has other good abilities and redeeming qualities 😉)

He may well be able to coach you along if it’s possible.

He’s VERY well-versed in the issue. 👍
im not sure I need to study the manual. I don’t know much. Tractor backed into barn. Won’t restart. The lady has cancer and horses to take care of. She’s already been taken advantage of twice on this issue. My neighbor lent her his tractor and he is doing most of the running. His tractor is a 2601 he bought new from said dealer. I think I’m going to try and get the big cheese on the phone tomorrow.

Wolfman’s thoughts are perfectly reasonable to me. I get the dpf cleaned. The dealer resets the computer, we go from there. Not level 5 auto dpf replacement. Not if you turned it off the warranty on our crappy design is void. Imo.

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
I just re-read thread. I think I seem a little snippy at times and would like apologize. Thank you all for all the help.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
ok. It’s not a lifetime emissions warranty according to the dealer i called today. His story, powertrain, emissions, reformer and problems arising. Three different warranties. The reformer lifetime one does not sound like it is worth paper it’s is printed on in most situations.

im not going to lie to the dealer, good thing I don’t know anything. But. If I was to guess, this machine like many 3350’s had regen fever where it would request regen unfortunately often. If I was to guess, son of owner would decline with key off if he was done, and maybe by pushing button. This problem with the machine caused dpf to clog, if I was to guess.

The dealer said bring it over, we will hook it up. If it had been declined too much, did not define too much, the work and parts outside of any reformer parts won’t be covered. If it is level 5 they replace dpf. I asked for cost of just the dpf, he said a little north of 2k. I asked about exchange that Kubota advertises. He said he doesn’t know about that, they replace. I was not left with a warm fuzzy Kubota feeling.

What I would like to do is send dpf to the cleaning service we use at work and be able to unlevel 5 the machine so the woman and son can start over with instruction.

Or, even better. A positive, cooperative, problem solving attitude from the dealer.

Talked to dealer today. Warranty is for reformer and damage by reformer. The criteria for warranty denial was vague to say the least. I think the problem is more than one thing. The one that is the sticking point right now is the double top secret nature of the warranty. The warranty is not an emissions warranty according to them. The emissions warranty is expired. So if according to them, with their hardware and software they determine the warranty void, the warranty is void. There is no independent or visible way to see if there is warranty. It’s totally up to the dealer if they want to cover.

If it is level 5 they say they replace dpf, minimum 2k for the part. No cleaning. No exchange.

This machine is original owner. 2014 or 15. Less than 150 hours. She just used it in the barn. Not sure what I expect from Kubota, but this is not it.
As I said, the so-called "lifetime emissions warranty" covers the reformer and anything damaged by a failed reformer. If the dealer tells you anything otherwise he is incorrect or worse.

I also said that you should read, re-read, and again re-read the emissions material in the Operator's Manual until you understood it completely and to be careful what you say to the dealer. Operator error is NOT covered, as I previously stated.

"[J]ust used it in the barn...." Indoor use is when the inhibit switch should be used to avoid a fire hazzard.

Sounds like someone did not read, understand and follow the emissions instructions.

That said, if warranty repair is denied, a well-written and persuasive letter to Kubota Customer Service MAY be beneficial but only if failure was not caused by operator error. Letters work much better than telephone calls.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
PSB-2021-050-E-R4
March 31, 2021
Revised: January 15, 2024
There is no emissions warranty on the tractor but there's a Reformer System Warranty Extension for the tractor's life. If the reformer malfunctions, the repair is completely covered at no cost to the owner.

There is no Kubota exchange for the DPF, it is a welded one-piece unit. We have not found any facility that cleans the DPF from Ag or construction equipment. They will only do trucks DPF.

Now they also offer a redesigned Meter Panel and ECU Software Update to support it.
These updates will add the following functions to help prevent the repeated failures of the reformer system.
• Indication lamp is on at 50% of PM accumulation level.
• Enable the parked regeneration at PM warning level 1.
• Regeneration status will be displayed.
• DPF regeneration error codes (DTC: Diagnostic Trouble Code) will be displayed.

TSB-2023-041-E-R1
September 18, 2023
Revised: February 19, 2024

rancher1524

Equipment
Tractor LX4020 B3350SU
May 11, 2016
Evans, Washington
I purchased a new Kubota B3350SU in 2016. After the 5 year warranty on the Emissions was over my dealer has replaced 3-Diesel Particulate Filters and 1-Burner Pot. My cost on all the repairs were 0 Dollars under the lifetime Emissions Warranty. The cost of parts alone was over $6,000.00. If anyone is having trouble with emissions covered under the Lifetime Warranty it is your dealer not honoring the Kubota warranty.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
PSB-2021-050-E-R4
March 31, 2021
There is no emissions warranty on the tractor but there's a Reformer System Warranty Extension for the tractor's life. If the reformer malfunctions, the repair is completely covered at no cost to the owner.

There is no Kubota exchange for the DPF, it is a welded one-piece unit. We have not found any facility that cleans the DPF from Ag or construction equipment. They will only do trucks DPF.

Now they also offer a redesigned Meter Panel and ECU Software Update to support it.
These updates will add the following functions to help prevent the repeated failures of the reformer system.
• DPF regeneration error codes (DTC: Diagnostic Trouble Code) will be displayed.

TSB-2023-041-E-R1
September 18, 2023
Bingo.

I explained that in one of my earlier posts and thereafter put "lifetime emissions warranty" in quotes in order to save words/typing. I also preceeded the quoted phrase with "so-called" because it is so called.

Spoke to my dealer recently about the updated panel meter/firmware but, after consulting computer a bit, was told that they have no information available.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I purchased a new Kubota B3350SU in 2016. After the 5 year warranty on the Emissions was over my dealer has replaced 3-Diesel Particulate Filters and 1-Burner Pot. My cost on all the repairs were 0 Dollars under the lifetime Emissions Warranty. The cost of parts alone was over $6,000.00. If anyone is having trouble with emissions covered under the Lifetime Warranty it is your dealer not honoring the Kubota warranty.
Not at all supprising.

The dealer is the gatekeeper. If the dealer service manager does not cooperate, claims do not even make it to Kubota.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
For those of you who do have DPF, how easy would it be for the OP to temporarily disconnect the DPF filter slightly loose to see if the tractor would start?

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
For those of you who do have DPF, how easy would it be for the OP to temporarily disconnect the DPF filter slightly loose to see if the tractor would start?
Since you asked. I did. It does. Only for a few seconds to see if the 100% restriction was the cause of no start.

We have a company name Lynx that comes to our shop that does Kubota dpf.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Since you asked. I did. It does. Only for a few seconds to see if the 100% restriction was the cause of no start.

We have a company name Lynx that comes to our shop that does Kubota dpf.
The B3350 is a special animal, unlike any other Kubota tractor with DPF.

I would think long and hard before turning anyone but Kubota loose on a B3350.

Of course, I would also do my homework before turning Kubota loose on one as well.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
PSB-2021-050-E-R4
March 31, 2021

TSB-2023-041-E-R1
September 18, 2023
Any chance that I could get a PDF copy of the revised version of this TSB?

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
Mid repair / solution update. Talked to the owner last week and relayed the wise advise given in this thread. I dropped mower off at a local dealer. The service writer was very nice. While my co-pilot for the drop off and I where not very forth coming, the service writer told us they did not even sell the b3350 and one other sister to it because of the regen methodology. He said he understood her side and would do his best to resolve the problem to her satisfaction. But he could not make any promises. He seemed like an honest good guy. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: 1 users