B3350 Cranks, No Start

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
Hi all. A friends B3350. Her son shut off, wont restart. Has fuel, all fuses good and have power. It does not seem like it has a good squirt when i crack first injector at the pump. I put a clamp on ampmeter on the green wire going to the fuel shut off. 1.6 amp cranking. Sounds like it tries to start but no. There is a light on the display that concerns me, the red light that is a crankcase silhouette with an exclamation point in the center. Any help would be appreciated. Oh B3350hsd Ser no 61xxx bought new in 2015. And the lift pump pumps great. Fuel returns to the tank from the prime hose. And. I look at the wiring diagrams I can find on the net, they say 4 wires to solenoid 1 and 2. Not sure what that is, I was assuming it was the fuel shut off solenoid because I could find no other things that made sense. But this solenoid only has 2 wires. 1 Green and 1 white. Thanks again!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not a stop solenoid.
It doesn't work the same way.

You need to get / read / Follow the instructions in the WSM.
Not doing so could be very costly!

1709508051341.png

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Is there any error code displayed on the hour meter?

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
Hi all. A friends B3350. Her son shut off, wont restart. Has fuel, all fuses good and have power. It does not seem like it has a good squirt when i crack first injector at the pump. I put a clamp on ampmeter on the green wire going to the fuel shut off. 1.6 amp cranking. Sounds like it tries to start but no. There is a light on the display that concerns me, the red light that is a crankcase silhouette with an exclamation point in the center.
The light you're describing is for the DPF regen.

1709509167705.png

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
Oh. I forgot because I unplugged it. It beeps a medium beep when I turn the key on. So that red light, and medium beep ko engine off

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
In my email there is a question from Dustball I don’t see here about exhaust flow.
100% clogged. Not one little puff of air comes out. Can I remove doc and clean? If so, with what?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
In my email there is a question from Dustball I don’t see here about exhaust flow.
100% clogged. Not one little puff of air comes out. Can I remove doc and clean? If so, with what?
Nope, Not a DYI project, your going to have to haul it to a dealer.
There is a full lifetime warranty on emissions on that tractor, so maybe you'll get lucky and they will fix it for free.

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
I’m in the middle here. Nice lady, health issue. Already screwed over by two mechanics. I would love to know the 100% truth of this warranty. I see 5 years, 8 years, lifetime, lifetime is a rumor. I really don’t want to send her down another dead end. Is there someplace that outlines this warranty? I have a good relationship with a couple of dealers in my area, but I would still like something I can point to if they balk.
I much appreciate all the help you guys have given. I took the doc off and laid it on the air filter, but left the sensors plugged in and it starts right up. Thank you all very much. You all have a very happy internet apprentice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I’m in the middle here. Nice lady, health issue. Already screwed over by two mechanics. I would love to know the 100% truth of this warranty. I see 5 years, 8 years, lifetime, lifetime is a rumor. I really don’t want to send her down another dead end. Is there someplace that outlines this warranty? I have a good relationship with a couple of dealers in my area, but I would still like something I can point to if they balk.
I much appreciate all the help you guys have given. I took the doc off and laid it on the air filter, but left the sensors plugged in and it starts right up. Thank you all very much. You all have a very happy internet apprentice.
The lifetime emissions warranty on the B3350 is a real deal, just talk to a dealer.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is what you need to know

Ask the dealer to see PSB-2021-050-E-R1: B/ZD/F-Series; V1505-T-E4 Reformer Repair Process Improvements and Reformer System Warranty Extension
The tractor coolant temperature needs to only be about 140 degrees before it can ReGen, which it should be capable of reaching while idling on your driveway. There are no SUPER SECRET actions needed.
So, do they expect you to bring your tractor to them so they can shuffle it around to different locations every time it requires a ReGen and charge you to perform some secret ritual?
The main function of the Reformer is to create the heat in the exhaust required to clean the DPF.

You need to fire this dealer and find another one.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Kubota quietly and internally implemented a lifetime, transferrable warranty on the reformer and anything damaged by a failed reformer on the B3350 and some other equipment using the same engine. This policy was not publically disclosed.

Note: The "warranty" does not cover operator error so be careful what you say at the dealer. Suggest reading the emissions section in the Operator's Manual, reading it again, and reading it repetitively until it is internalized. Saying the wrong thing could be very expensive.

Note also that I suspect that not all dealers know of this policy so some convincing may be in order. Post back if you need help.

Finally, there are at least some dealers who may submit such repairs to Kubota for warranty coverage while, at the same time, billing the owner.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Kubota quietly and internally implemented a lifetime, transferrable warranty on the reformer and anything damaged by a failed reformer on the B3350 and some other equipment using the same engine. This policy was not publically disclosed.

Note: The "warranty" does not cover operator error so be careful what you say at the dealer. Suggest reading the emissions section in the Operator's Manual, reading it again, and reading it repetitively until it is internalized. Saying the wrong thing could be very expensive.

Note also that I suspect that not all dealers know of this policy so some convincing may be in order. Post back if you need help.

Finally, there are at least some dealers who may submit such repairs to Kubota for warranty coverage while, at the same time, billing the owner.
Dealers who bill both Kubota, and the owner....?
Is it possible that they were trained in Conover, NC.? :rolleyes:

robmints

Equipment
F2690
Mar 2, 2024
East Coast
The lifetime emissions warranty on the B3350 is a real deal, just talk to a dealer.
ok. It’s not a lifetime emissions warranty according to the dealer i called today. His story, powertrain, emissions, reformer and problems arising. Three different warranties. The reformer lifetime one does not sound like it is worth paper it’s is printed on in most situations.

im not going to lie to the dealer, good thing I don’t know anything. But. If I was to guess, this machine like many 3350’s had regen fever where it would request regen unfortunately often. If I was to guess, son of owner would decline with key off if he was done, and maybe by pushing button. This problem with the machine caused dpf to clog, if I was to guess.

The dealer said bring it over, we will hook it up. If it had been declined too much, did not define too much, the work and parts outside of any reformer parts won’t be covered. If it is level 5 they replace dpf. I asked for cost of just the dpf, he said a little north of 2k. I asked about exchange that Kubota advertises. He said he doesn’t know about that, they replace. I was not left with a warm fuzzy Kubota feeling.

What I would like to do is send dpf to the cleaning service we use at work and be able to unlevel 5 the machine so the woman and son can start over with instruction.

Or, even better. A positive, cooperative, problem solving attitude from the dealer.
Talked to dealer today. Warranty is for reformer and damage by reformer. The criteria for warranty denial was vague to say the least. I think the problem is more than one thing. The one that is the sticking point right now is the double top secret nature of the warranty. The warranty is not an emissions warranty according to them. The emissions warranty is expired. So if according to them, with their hardware and software they determine the warranty void, the warranty is void. There is no independent or visible way to see if there is warranty. It’s totally up to the dealer if they want to cover.

If it is level 5 they say they replace dpf, minimum 2k for the part. No cleaning. No exchange.

This machine is original owner. 2014 or 15. Less than 150 hours. She just used it in the barn. Not sure what I expect from Kubota, but this is not it.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
ok. It’s not a lifetime emissions warranty according to the dealer i called today. His story, powertrain, emissions, reformer and problems arising. Three different warranties. The reformer lifetime one does not sound like it is worth paper it’s is printed on in most situations.

im not going to lie to the dealer, good thing I don’t know anything. But. If I was to guess, this machine like many 3350’s had regen fever where it would request regen unfortunately often. If I was to guess, son of owner would decline with key off if he was done, and maybe by pushing button. This problem with the machine caused dpf to clog, if I was to guess.

The dealer said bring it over, we will hook it up. If it had been declined too much, did not define too much, the work and parts outside of any reformer parts won’t be covered. If it is level 5 they replace dpf. I asked for cost of just the dpf, he said a little north of 2k. I asked about exchange that Kubota advertises. He said he doesn’t know about that, they replace. I was not left with a warm fuzzy Kubota feeling.

What I would like to do is send dpf to the cleaning service we use at work and be able to unlevel 5 the machine so the woman and son can start over with instruction.

Or, even better. A positive, cooperative, problem solving attitude from the dealer.

Talked to dealer today. Warranty is for reformer and damage by reformer. The criteria for warranty denial was vague to say the least. I think the problem is more than one thing. The one that is the sticking point right now is the double top secret nature of the warranty. The warranty is not an emissions warranty according to them. The emissions warranty is expired. So if according to them, with their hardware and software they determine the warranty void, the warranty is void. There is no independent or visible way to see if there is warranty. It’s totally up to the dealer if they want to cover.

If it is level 5 they say they replace dpf, minimum 2k for the part. No cleaning. No exchange.

This machine is original owner. 2014 or 15. Less than 150 hours. She just used it in the barn. Not sure what I expect from Kubota, but this is not it.
Seems as though the "bend over" treatment is all that Kubota will provide!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

I suggest you get some more input from @SDT as he advised.

He has a B3350 and is a very smart fellow. (I believe he’s an attorney, but has other good abilities and redeeming qualities 😉)

He may well be able to coach you along if it’s possible.

He’s VERY well-versed in the issue. 👍

Reactions: 1 user