B3030 FEL question?

bowtech40

Equipment
Kubota B3030, 60" mmm, LA403 FEL
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
Hello,
I purchased a very clean B3030 with a 60" mmm. I then bought seperately the FEL attachment. It is factory Kubota. Mounted all the brackets and hardwear and attached the loader. When I operate the loader all works great, but when I lower it the bucket hits the ground 1 1/4" sooner on the right side. I checked everything and it is driving me nuts. The loader attachment was purchased used from the east coast, and the mounting kit was purchased new from a deal here in Mn. Could the loader arms be bent?
Mark

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it's possible that they can get bent.
you need to get it on flat solid ground and measure all the connecting point to make sure they are square.
Picture would help too!

bowtech40

Equipment
Kubota B3030, 60" mmm, LA403 FEL
Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom, Mn.
It has been a few days since I have been back on here. Not sure why only the rear tires would change the FEL?? I am going to put it in my garage and try and take some measurements. If I can`t figure anything out maybe I will bring it to the dealer. If I were to find something bent, what are the chances of straightening it back out? Has anyone successfully straightened out a bent loader arm?

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Hello,
I purchased a very clean B3030 with a 60" mmm. I then bought seperately the FEL attachment. It is factory Kubota. Mounted all the brackets and hardwear and attached the loader. When I operate the loader all works great, but when I lower it the bucket hits the ground 1 1/4" sooner on the right side. I checked everything and it is driving me nuts. The loader attachment was purchased used from the east coast, and the mounting kit was purchased new from a deal here in Mn. Could the loader arms be bent?
Mark
Hi in years past we straightened a few loader arms in our frame shop and it wasn't that big a deal. That being said what I would try first is loosening the mounting bolts on the brackets and shuffeling them around a little, then retorquing them. If that doesn't work find a frame or body shop that has the equipment to do the job, it won't take a lot to straighten it.That could be why the person sold the loader. Hope this helps you Barry

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
"Not sure why only the rear tires would change the FEL??"

Because the front axle pivots. If a tire is low, the axle won't set level. The rear tires, because the axle is fixed, determines whether the tractor is sitting level or not.
You could have the tractor sitting on a level concrete pad, and jack one side of the front axle up. The tractor will still sit level, from side to side (not front to back, but that has no bearing on whether the bucket sits level or not).

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hi in years past we straightened a few loader arms in our frame shop and it wasn't that big a deal. That being said what I would try first is loosening the mounting bolts on the brackets and shuffeling them around a little, then retorquing them. If that doesn't work find a frame or body shop that has the equipment to do the job, it won't take a lot to straighten it.That could be why the person sold the loader. Hope this helps you Barry
That's what I was thinking- the loader went up for sale because it was tweaked.
A friend bent the frame on his tracked skid loader, bad. He was trying to get a rock out of the ground with one corner, and bent it out about 3".

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
"Not sure why only the rear tires would change the FEL??"

Because the front axle pivots. If a tire is low, the axle won't set level. The rear tires, because the axle is fixed, determines whether the tractor is sitting level or not.
You could have the tractor sitting on a level concrete pad, and jack one side of the front axle up. The tractor will still sit level, from side to side (not front to back, but that has no bearing on whether the bucket sits level or not).
hodge explained why rear tire pressure should be equal for FEL bucket to be level better than I !!!!! I have also seen the boom frames on loaders bent from incorrect operation.