B2650 Width With Turf Tires?

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Go for the 72 inch deck. Much easier to mow close to and under trees or other obstacles without worrying about tearing off a tail light.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Huskerfan you're absolutely correct about the 72" deck that extends out 8" each side will be easier to trim up to objects than the 60" decks, 2".

In spite of that in my situation I believe I'm better served with the 60". I have a few different areas to mow but none are wide open where a large deck would really benefit.

A 60" is wider than the 54" I'm now using.

There are three places where I fit comfortably through now but will be a bit tight with a 6" wider deck, and simply won't fit with a 18" wider deck. Sure I can just hand trim those areas but I don't have to unless I go with a 72" deck.

72" deck will consume more garage space, which is limited unfortunately.

Too bad the small deck isn't 62-66" for the larger B series.

zin01

Sep 8, 2016
Royse City
Oliver. I got the extendable rear links and find them pretty much useless. They are hard to extend and hard to get to retract once you have weight on them. I'm not a small or weak person but they seem more of a PITA then they are worth. I did get the ratcheting drop link and that thing is awesome. Also I mow at 3.5 inches and the deck does awesome doesn't scalp any parts of my lawn where my JD 4 wheel steer with a 42" suspended deck did scalp and the mower is pretty quiet. I only mowed 3 or 4 times as I got my tractor late in the year but I would run it at 1700-1800 RPM's and it was quiet and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Well Zin I thank you for that, I'll do w/o the extendable links and be sure to get the ratcheting drop link. Good to hear the deck cuts well at 3.5" and especially at only 1800 rpm!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Well Zin I thank you for that, I'll do w/o the extendable links and be sure to get the ratcheting drop link. Good to hear the deck cuts well at 3.5" and especially at only 1800 rpm!
Not sure about the whole conversation about the 60" mmm and 1800 rpm, but the pto rpm for the mmm is 2500 rpm. I have found the extendable links to be invaluable. With a little lube on the sliding part of the links so they work smoothly, you can back up to the implement and stay just short, unlatch them, line up and install the pins. Then backup the tractor to latch them and finish hooking up. Works great.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
Couldn't agree more. Get both, dual ratcheting drop links and extendable links. They both simplify implement hookup and leveling. While Pats quick hitch used previously on my BX will not fit this system, whenever possible, put your implements on dolly carts which will further simplify hookup. I haven't added or needed to add an alternative quick hitch.

A little late but after measuring, my unloaded B2650 turf tires measure 56 inches side wall to side wall and 53 inches to the outside of where the lugs make contact with the ground.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Not sure about the whole conversation about the 60" mmm and 1800 rpm, but the pto rpm for the mmm is 2500 rpm. I have found the extendable links to be invaluable. With a little lube on the sliding part of the links so they work smoothly, you can back up to the implement and stay just short, unlatch them, line up and install the pins. Then backup the tractor to latch them and finish hooking up. Works great.
Couldn't agree more. .....my unloaded B2650 turf tires measure 56 inches side wall to side wall and 53 inches to the outside of where the lugs make contact with the ground.

Zin was referring to the mower cutting well when operating the tractor at only 1,800 rpm even though the deck is designed to operate from the mid PTO turning 2,500, which in the case of a 2650 would mean the engine running 2,500.

My tractor needs to run at 2,600 for the mid PTO to turn 2,500 but I have found that the deck cuts well when I run as low as 2,100-2,200 RPM and doing so the tractor uses less fuel.

Thanks for your input on the extendable links. I know on my current tractor it can be a little tedious getting just the right distance to align them at the same time holding the links spread out.

I was hoping the 60" deck cut would be at least 2" (preferably 3") wider than the rear tire tread which seems to be the case. That's about what I have now with my 54" deck and I can trim close enough with it.