B2650 question

bluefin650

Equipment
B2650, JD 35D
Feb 28, 2018
Southern Maine
Hi all, new to the forum. Just had my b2650 delivered this week and already have a question. As I was doing some pm, I noticed that the side blinkers that are lower on the cab seem to be mounted upside down?? It makes no sense that there is a hole on the top of the light to let water in. I am guessing that they were mounted upside down. I flipped them anyways. Anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

randu

Equipment
RTV 1100 B2650/FEL/BH
Dec 15, 2010
Alpena,MI
Just checked mine and they were upside down also. Thanks for the heads up Bluefin650.
Randy

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
I will have to check mine also, hmmm could it be a vent, does that light give off too much heat for the holder? Is it a space to insert a screw driver to pop the lens off with out pulling the socket? If mine are also upside down? Wow we all had tractors made on a monday woo whoo!!!!!!!

bluefin650

Equipment
B2650, JD 35D
Feb 28, 2018
Southern Maine
Another question, I have the b2782b snow blower. The manual calls for chainsaw bar oil on the chain drive for the impeller and auger. I see that getting very messy. Any reason why you wouldn't use any type of spray on chain lube? What is everyone else using?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Another question, I have the b2782b snow blower. The manual calls for chainsaw bar oil on the chain drive for the impeller and auger. I see that getting very messy. Any reason why you wouldn't use any type of spray on chain lube? What is everyone else using?
I happened to have some bar oil, so that is what l use. Put it in a plastic syringe to drip through the little hole. Don't have one of those nifty old fashioned oilers. I don't think it would matter if you used a different lube, but you'd have to take the cover off to spray it. Dealer told me not to obsess over it :D since I pointed out dripping it through the hole would only get it on part of the chain. If you have a helper who could sit in the cab and turn pto on slowly you could drip through the hole and get the whole chain, but I'd sure want to do that outside. If you do it thoroughly once or twice a winter for residential use it should be fine.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I use bar oil.

Bar oil is much more "sticky" than other types of oil. Since it is sticky, makes less mess than others.

As long as it's lubricated, other types would work. Don't use WD-40, since its not a lubricant at all.

Just need to do it!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
The reason they may specify chain oil, "not any oil", chain oil has a tackifier in it to stop the oil from being thrown off the chain. Put a drop of engine oil between your thumb and finger and open your fingers, do the same with chain bar oil and you'll notice the difference. (The oil will "string" between your fingers)
Without checking, I'm guessing chain spray oil is thinner, less tacky and has solvents/foaming agents etc, and will probably do the job, but I would expect the bar oil to be better in the long run. When I was involved in speedway racing, we would soak our chains in specific chain oil, and "top up spray on the run" between races with chain spray oil. YMMV.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I happened to have some bar oil, so that is what l use. Put it in a plastic syringe to drip through the little hole. Don't have one of those nifty old fashioned oilers. I don't think it would matter if you used a different lube, but you'd have to take the cover off to spray it. Dealer told me not to obsess over it :D since I pointed out dripping it through the hole would only get it on part of the chain. If you have a helper who could sit in the cab and turn pto on slowly you could drip through the hole and get the whole chain, but I'd sure want to do that outside. If you do it thoroughly once or twice a winter for residential use it should be fine.
That's what i do sheepfarmer, I get my wife to sit in the tractor and work the pto while I oil the chain, quick and easy.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
On my 3pt blower I disconnect the pto shaft and spin the auger to get the full length of chain. I like spray on motorcycle chain lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
That looks like a gravity feed oiler?? Does the oil get to thick to dispense in cold temps?
Yes it is a gravity feed. It works good. As far as cold, the tractor is mostly stored in a heated space so I don't know how extreme cold would affect its performance.