B2650 Cab Noise Reduction

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
Did it come from the factory with UTD transmission fluid? I'm only asking because I recently had to have my transmission replaced and they used UTD fluid. When I got it back, it was considerably noisier than before. After I changed the fluid to UTD2, it was noticeably quieter. The UTD is mineral based oil while the UTD2 is synthetic. I get very little whine now unless its really heavy stress, when before it was no matter what the input was.

Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Decided to do this to my lx3310. while it was all apart i'm adding a subwoofer and front speakers

Make
Sure to give us an update after you reassemble and use it. My lx2610 is horrible with cab noise. And wouldn’t mind seeing pictures of the sub and new speakers 💪🏻

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
You bought a baby tractor. They are all HST now, period. It's not because people are "lazy" or don't know how to use a clutch, it's because the overwhelming amount of workloads on a tractor of that size are best suited to HST. So overwhelming that it makes no sense to even produce a geared one anymore.

Anything larger than that can be had with either. And I still chose HST because I know what MY use case is, not because I'm "lazy" or can't operate a clutch. If my use case were different I very well might have bought something geared.
The same size tractor, in virtually every other country in the world, will have a more efficient gear drive. So yes, it IS because Americans are lazy.

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Utterly wrong of course. Go and tell that to operators of big machinery...

Driving an old 4x4 MF 595 is fun, but as far as operator comfort and precision goes, the HST is unbeatable.

Greetings from Belgium (and my HST-equipped BX231)

The same size tractor, in virtually every other country in the world, will have a more efficient gear drive. So yes, it IS because Americans are lazy.

Reactions: 1 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Did it come from the factory with UTD transmission fluid? I'm only asking because I recently had to have my transmission replaced and they used UTD fluid. When I got it back, it was considerably noisier than before. After I changed the fluid to UTD2, it was noticeably quieter. The UTD is mineral based oil while the UTD2 is synthetic. I get very little whine now unless its really heavy stress, when before it was no matter what the input was.
I noticed the same reduction in whine intensity when I changed to SUTD2. It helped quite a bit on my open station. I imagine it would help even more with a cab.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I noticed the same reduction in whine intensity when I changed to UTD2. It helped quite a bit on my open station. I imagine it would help even more with a cab.
Same here. Good point with a cab.

I have changed fluid in my BX 3 times in 450 hrs/8+ years. Seems like a little less noise each time.

One change was unplanned - big dent in the filter, so just dumped it.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Nice work with the dynomat! I've never been in a cab version of the B series. My Grand L 60 has the quietest hydro I've ever used. The loudest was my L2501.

As for A/C performance, tinting the windows is a big help. On a sunny day, you're basically in a greenhouse.

com12man

Equipment
Kubota b-2650 cab tractor .Bh -77 backhoe ,B2782 snow blower, B2775 plow, La534,
Aug 12, 2020
Eastport New York
Wish i knew about the noise, before i ordered the factory radio.I can only hear it when the tractor is sitting still at an idle.

• Wow

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Any updates on the dynomat? I'm curious if you find the factory rubber mat moving around or moisture getting between the rubber mat and dynomat?

91bird

Equipment
B2650 Cab
Jul 13, 2021
NC
Any updates on the dynomat? I'm curious if you find the factory rubber mat moving around or moisture getting between the rubber mat and dynomat?
I don't notice the factory mat sliding. However the thickness of the sound deadening under the mat is the same as factory and the factory mat is a snug fit.

Regarding moisture, I keep the tractor in a garage and don't work in the rain. If I work in the rain I have to deal with ruts later.

I did notice the noise reduction, maybe this year I will get around to tinting the windows and reducing the noise from the hst pedal.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I don't notice the factory mat sliding. However the thickness of the sound deadening under the mat is the same as factory and the factory mat is a snug fit.

Regarding moisture, I keep the tractor in a garage and don't work in the rain. If I work in the rain I have to deal with ruts later.

I did notice the noise reduction, maybe this year I will get around to tinting the windows and reducing the noise from the hst pedal.
I was less concerned with rain than I was with snow. I didn't realize that there was anything under the mat so thats good to know. I was going to do my 2610 but ordered a LX3310 last month so I will do it instead whenever itcomit comes in.

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
One of the two reasons I decided not to get the HST. I get enough whine sound when I cut my property with my Toro zero turn, which I cancel out by wearing ear buds.