B2650 60" and 72" MMM information

aumikey

Sep 6, 2016
Shelby, AL
I am a newbie to tractors and have been looking at the B2650 tractor for my needs.

I just can't find much information on the internet (videos, literature, etc) about the 2 MMM options available (RCK60-30BA or RC72-30B). I do know that these are not the same style MMM as the BX nor the same as the B-01 series.

I guess I am asking the general procedure of not installing the mounts, but the attaching and removal process of each one after the dealer has installed the mounts and connections and such. Also, if there are locations that I missed in my research for the procedure that I am asking about (YouTube, manuals, etc) please relay that back to me so that I might learn and make an informed decision.

Thanks OTT

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i had one of the b3350 lemons. the mmm was very easy to hook up and disconnect. easier for a slim person.
the dealer was somewhat concerned for me to use the 72"mmm on my replacement b2650. i just told him i would mow slower. and he was satisfied with my answer.
anyway the mmm for the b2650/b3350 is designed to drive over to attach it.
always use the front wheels as the back end weighs a lot and may do damage. especially if your tires are loaded.
i put a couple blocks in front of the front tires at the edge of the mower. to help it up onto the pads, located on the mower deck. stop when your near the front edge of the mower. stop, lock the brakes and block the back tires. crawl under the belly of the tractor. to slide the mower pto drive line onto the drive line fitting. ensure it locks, by pulling it away from the rear end.
then you can unblock the back tires. get on and move the tractor forward. if you lined it up properly the front bracket will be located so all you have to do. is lift and clamp the supports into the holder. move the handle until it locks. the little lever will need to be adjusted as you do this.
if you haven't done so you need to connect the 3 point connectors at the back of the tractor.
then drop your 3 point down and the mower brackets can be un-pinned from their storage position. and connected to the mower frame.
removal is in reverse.
i might mention that when the mower is not being used. it can be stored on it's edge. and it won't tip over unless bumped or you get a strong wind. perfect time to wash it down, sharpen blades and grease the fittings. i just leave it leaning against a wall.

Last edited:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I don't believe the 60" deck is a drive over deck. Mine isn't.

As for the deck and hardware itself, none of the tractor mounted brackets come off after installation. The only piece you remove aside from the deck itself is the front arms. And those come out after dropping the lever on the front left side of the tractor. It's quite easy although time do need to fanagle it just right.

sent from a field

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Now I'm curious. Did they recently change something? I too was told the mm mower decks on B2650 and B3350 are not drive over decks.
That's the one of the things that kept me from trading up from my B2620.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I am a newbie to tractors and have been looking at the B2650 tractor for my needs.

I just can't find much information on the internet (videos, literature, etc) about the 2 MMM options available (RCK60-30BA or RC72-30B). I do know that these are not the same style MMM as the BX nor the same as the B-01 series.

I guess I am asking the general procedure of not installing the mounts, but the attaching and removal process of each one after the dealer has installed the mounts and connections and such. Also, if there are locations that I missed in my research for the procedure that I am asking about (YouTube, manuals, etc) please relay that back to me so that I might learn and make an informed decision.

Thanks OTT
I have the 60" mmm for my B2650. It has been great. It mows golf course quality with no streaks or lines. It is easily adjusted to switch mowing heights. Alot of the people on here say not to get a mmm, because they are to hard to hook up, but I am 59 years old and can have mine on or off in 2-3 minutes pulling it out the right side of the tractor with one hand so I really dont understand that reason of thinking. It is not a drive over deck like the 72" which makes the 60" easier to hook or unhook. I also have a Land Pride FDR 1672 3pt hitch finish mower to mow out back and it takes basically the same amount of time to hook it up so I have experience with both. The tractor does not struggle at all with the 60" and I am sure it wouldnt with the 72". I didnt have room in my garage for the 72".

Last edited:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Now I'm curious. Did they recently change something? I too was told the mm mower decks on B2650 and B3350 are not drive over decks.
That's the one of the things that kept me from trading up from my B2620.
I have the owners manual for the decks and have posted before that the 60" deck goes in and out the right side of the tractor and the 72" is a drive over deck. Hope this helps you out.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
i had one of the b3350 lemons. the mmm was very easy to hook up and disconnect. easier for a slim person.
the dealer was somewhat concerned for me to use the 72"mmm on my replacement b2650. i just told him i would mow slower. and he was satisfied with my answer.
anyway the mmm for the b2650/b3350 is designed to drive over to attach it.
always use the front wheels as the back end weighs a lot and may do damage. especially if your tires are loaded.
i put a couple blocks in front of the front tires at the edge of the mower. to help it up onto the pads located on the mower deck. stop when your near the front edge of the mower. stop, lock the brakes and block the back tires. crawl under the belly of the tractor. to slide the mower pto drive line onto the drive line fitting. ensure it locks, by pulling it away from the rear end.
then you can unblock the back tires. get on and move the tractor forward. if you lined it up properly the front bracket will be located so all you have to do. is lift and clamp the supports into the holder. move the handle until it locks. the little lever will need to be adjusted as you do this.
if you haven't done so you need to connect the 3 point connectors at the back of the tractor.
then drop your 3 point down and the mower brackets can be un-pinned from their storage position. and connected to the mower frame.
removal is in reverse.
i might mention that when the mower is not being used. it can be stored on it's edge. and it won't tip over unless bumped or you get a strong wind. perfect time to wash it down, sharpen blades and grease the fittings. i just leave it leaning against a wall.
Temp force, what pads are you referring to on the deck as you drive on? Is there a removable pad or do you drive over the belt covers? You leave the belt covers on when driving over? Haven't tried removing my deck yet.

Last edited:

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
yes, the pads cover the belts. easy to remove for cleaning, ect. mine didn't come with nuts or anything to hold them, they stay in place without any. but they do rattle some. so a wing nut takes care of that issue.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have the owners manual for the decks and have posted before that the 60" deck goes in and out the right side of the tractor and the 72" is a drive over deck. Hope this helps you out.
Thanks rkidd. I missed that (or my memory is getting worse, LOL)

I just had it confirmed today from Kubota Canada also.

I sent them the link to my picture thread I had on the first tractor forum I found before this one, and they are sending me a care package!!!

Not to offend this forum because it is very good (like I said I found the other first) but here are my pics if you'd like to see.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/54-kubota/926225-my-b2620-pics.html

aumikey

Sep 6, 2016
Shelby, AL
Thanks everyone for the information. Since I am new to tractors and stuff would any of you recommend the B2601 over the B2650 for me. I have yet to try them out but have talked with a few dealers about my needs and only a few have the B2650

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
I went through the the same issue when I was tractor shopping. I initially was between the BX25D, B2601 and the B2650.

I quickly ruled out the BX and had to choose between the two B models. I ultimately went with the B2650 because of the following.

1: It was ultimately only $1200 more over the 2601.

2: Greater loader capacity which is important when it comes down to grapple usage and pallet forks. (Everyone always wants to lift more)

3: Bigger in general which felt more comfortable to me. (I'm 6'2")

4: I could eventually add the BH77 backhoe which has a greater digging depth and capacities than that BH70 or BH65

5: Has the ability to support a 72" Mid Mount mower or 3 pt finish mower which is important to me because I have 2.5 acres of lawn.

6: I even considered a L2501 after narrowing it down to the 2650, but it lacked the mid pto which it wanted to be able to keep my options open as far a implements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sliverrb2650

Equipment
B2650 loader, 72 mower, 63blower
Oct 2, 2014
Wi
I went with the 72 mmm for my b2650 and love it... I have about 4acres to mow.. and yes the 72 is a drive on and drive off deck the 60 is not....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
I went with the 72 mmm for my b2650 and love it... I have about 4acres to mow.. and yes the 72 is a drive on and drive off deck the 60 is not....

I missed this is and so did my guy at the dealer apparently. How does the 2650 do with 72"? No power issues? Do you have to slow down your mowing speed at all? Do you remember the approximate price difference between the 60 and 72?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Anyone with a B2650 and a mmm using it to mow fiddly bits like around flower beds with curved and square corners etc? How does it do?

Sliverrb2650

Equipment
B2650 loader, 72 mower, 63blower
Oct 2, 2014
Wi
I missed this is and so did my guy at the dealer apparently. How does the 2650 do with 72"? No power issues? Do you have to slow down your mowing speed at all? Do you remember the approximate price difference between the 60 and 72?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I mow wide open in mid range without a problem I cut at 2.5inches i just slow down in the deep stuff but I glad I traded my 60 in for the 72 I want to say it cost me 500 to boot... I mean it's not like a zero turn at 13 mph lol I would sharpen it blades they don't come very sharp from factory like others have stated........

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Anyone with a B2650 and a mmm using it to mow fiddly bits like around flower beds with curved and square corners etc? How does it do?
I have a 2910 with a 60 mmm. With the hst, I think it's easier than my geared 38" simplicity. You do need to get out of the habit of brushing up against things. If you "bump" something, it doesn't bounce around it like the small mower.

I enjoy mowing with it, about the same time as the 54" zero turn. I have r4 tires, so as long as I don't turn as short as possible, you don't see any type of damage to the yard

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio

Sheepfarmer. I mow with the 60" deck on my B2650. It mows great and is very maneuverable. The deck rides on 2 big bogey wheels on the front of the deck that have greasable bearings on the pivot and the axle. The rear wheels are fairly close together and are located near the center of the deck and have greasable bearings also. This setup makes it very easy to turn for trimming around things or for turning around 180 degrees to go the other direction. Very pleased with it. Also the 60" deck doesnt hardly even work the tractor. Plenty of power.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Sheepfarmer. I mow with the 60" deck on my B2650. It mows great and is very maneuverable. The deck rides on 2 big bogey wheels on the front of the deck that have greasable bearings on the pivot and the axle. The rear wheels are fairly close together and are located near the center of the deck and have greasable bearings also. This setup makes it very easy to turn for trimming around things or for turning around 180 degrees to go the other direction. Very pleased with it. Also the 60" deck doesnt hardly even work the tractor. Plenty of power.
I concur.

mts

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks guys, that is really helpful. I am in the middle of changing my mind about everything! Hadn't thought to consider a mower deck for several years. Spent the weekend trying to set up a cyclone rake on the old Ingersoll, and some of the parts they sent don't fit. It is turning into something of a hassle, although the company is very responsive. Beginning to think I should try to fit it to a B2650 which I don't have (yet). To that end, could someone tell me the measurements of the exit of the deck, minus whatever safety flap it might have? A plastic boot fits over this opening, and they make various sizes. This whole project is getting wildly out of hand costwise. :(

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Thanks guys, that is really helpful. I am in the middle of changing my mind about everything! Hadn't thought to consider a mower deck for several years. Spent the weekend trying to set up a cyclone rake on the old Ingersoll, and some of the parts they sent don't fit. It is turning into something of a hassle, although the company is very responsive. Beginning to think I should try to fit it to a B2650 which I don't have (yet). To that end, could someone tell me the measurements of the exit of the deck, minus whatever safety flap it might have? A plastic boot fits over this opening, and they make various sizes. This whole project is getting wildly out of hand costwise. :(
The first thing I did before I mowed the first blade of grass is take the safety flap off. They are just in the way! The outlet on the 60" deck is 6.5" tall and 20.5" wide. Any other questions Sheepfarmer let me know. Be glad to help.