B2650/3350 Loader Quick Attach Hitch

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
Hi everyone! Happened to be looking at the Land Pride brochure for their SGC1060 grapple, and notice that they come with either the universal quick hitch OR the Kubota B series hitch.

Am I correct that the B2650/3350 use the universal skid steer quick attach hitch ? Are they referring to the "Kubota B series hitch" as the older pin-on style hitch? Wanted to make sure that this "Kubota B series hitch" is the same as universal QA, or a hybrid. I searched the Kubota website up and down, and darn if I can find the answer in any of their website or product literature.

Also, would you get the grapple/3rd function valve hydraulic couplers in 3/8" (standard for this model), or ask for them to switch to the 1/2" NPT couplers? or flat face couplers? Are most other aftermarket attachments 1/2" NPT, or are adapters readily available to make anything work?

Thanks for the help! Hope to order stuff in the next few days.

Fernsboy

Equipment
B2650 fel,
May 6, 2015
Oil City, PA
My dealer told me that it was a standard ssqa on my B2650. I can't answer any of your other questions but am inclined to believe your logic on the pin style attachment.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Hi everyone! Happened to be looking at the Land Pride brochure for their SGC1060 grapple, and notice that they come with either the universal quick hitch OR the Kubota B series hitch.

Am I correct that the B2650/3350 use the universal skid steer quick attach hitch ? Are they referring to the "Kubota B series hitch" as the older pin-on style hitch? Wanted to make sure that this "Kubota B series hitch" is the same as universal QA, or a hybrid. I searched the Kubota website up and down, and darn if I can find the answer in any of their website or product literature.

Also, would you get the grapple/3rd function valve hydraulic couplers in 3/8" (standard for this model), or ask for them to switch to the 1/2" NPT couplers? or flat face couplers? Are most other aftermarket attachments 1/2" NPT, or are adapters readily available to make anything work?

Thanks for the help! Hope to order stuff in the next few days.
bcuster, The "Kubota B series hitch" they are referring to is the Pin on style.

I have a B3200 with the B series pin on bucket and am also looking at the Landpride SCG06 grapple. Landprides literature on the grapple refers to the B series Quick Hitch and I contacted them to verify that my LA504 loader will pin on to the B series mount.

Have you ordered your grapple yet. If you have, I'm interested in your opinion of it.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I have a B2650, and it's a year old. I have the quick release bucket and it's the skid steer type. I have forks and a grapple, not land pride. Love the quick release.

bcuster

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
I ended buying the Everything Attachments grapple, pallet forks and box blade. They are currently sitting on a pallet at a FedEx Freight facility. Ordered my loaded B2650 2 weeks ago, and hopefully will accept delivery this Fri or next Mon. Can't wait to try out the grapple. We are clearing some land, and looking forward to some grapple time! :)

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
bcuster: Congratulations on the new toys and the tractor.

I take it you have the SSQA as well?

The only hitch adapter Kubota offers for my LA504 loader is Kubota's Quick Hitch version, but only fits stuff made for the pin on.

ATI and WR Long make SSQA adapters for my loader, but they are pricey at around the $800 to $900 range. :eek: Plus they add another 75 to 100 pounds of weight to the loader...:( On top of that I'd have to mod by bucket to SSAQ or buy another bucket.

I notice the new B's have a LA534 loader which appears to be SSQA.
Can anyone confirm this?

I am also wondering if the LA534 will fit my tractor?

Before I drop $800 for an SSSQA adapter, plus the bucket mod, I would consider what my loss would be selling the LA504 and going to the LA534 if it would fit my tractor (B3200, 2013 year model)

Any thoughts?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm sure most don't agree but I love the pin-on type QA. After fighting with the SSQA for years at the quarry I don't like them and wouldn't want one.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I'm sure most don't agree but I love the pin-on type QA. After fighting with the SSQA for years at the quarry I don't like them and wouldn't want one.
I've never used SSQA before. Thanks for the reply.

I don't mind the pin-on connection and I don't need to do NASCAR bucket changes.

I am looking to add a root rake / grapple to the toy box and I'm not having any luck finding a pin-on grapple. Well, I did find one that Everything Attachments recommended (Construction Attachments brand) but it is a bit on the heavy side at 455#.
I like the 54" EA Wicked Root Grapple at 350# better, but cannot get it with pin-on, only SSQA or JDQA.

Reading this, even though the Wicked Root Grapple is lighter, buy the time I add the SSQA, I'm at about the same weight as the pin-on one.....

bcuster

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
Hi RTGT! Yes, the 534A bucket is SSQA style. I like the specs on the new SGC06 series at 62" width/250 lb. I haven't seen any other manufacturer pin-ons. However, I have to admit that I didn't look too far after watching the EA video on the Wicked Root Grapple. Looks pretty slick, and read a lot of positive reviews for it. Sold me .... ;)

I take delivery of the B2650 and EA Wicked Root Grapple on Monday. I should take and post a pic of the mess I get to tackle next week (approximately 1/2 acre of trees and brush that was just cut down yesterday). PLAYTIME !! :-D

Last edited:

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Pictures would be great.

Hopefully the LA534 SSQA will fit my LA504, and be less expensive and lighter than the aftermarket versions....:D

My be asking a bit much, I'll take fit and lighter...

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Just an update.

The LA534 SSQA adapter weights about 80 pounds and the cost is about $500.

I spoke with a salesman at Messick's. He compared the pin on buckets for the LA504 And the LA534 and they are the same bucket, therefor they should have the same pin dimensions.

The weight ends up being a wash with the ATI adapter & lighter than the WR Long. Cost is $300+ less than either.

The bonus....it is already Orange!