b2620 new owner and a diff lock question

crazylunker

Equipment
JD 110TLB Kubota B2620
Sep 16, 2015
CT
So I have come over from the green side to try a Kubota (still have a few greens though), Today I brought home a 2011 2620 (400hrs) with a cab loader,mower and snowblower.

When I was at the dealer I tried the diff lock in the dirt lot and it didn't seem like it was working(what do I know this is my first kubota (Sort of)) so I mentioned it to the owner and he jumped on the tractor and it seemed to work. I didn't bother to check it again and took his word.

Anyway I get it home and head right for the pile to check it again and it definitely does not work. I pinned the lock pedal to the floor and watched one wheel spin, checked linkage etc. there is no noise or resistance, solo I was wondering if these tractors have any known issues with the transmissions?

Thanks, Rich

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So I have come over from the green side to try a Kubota (still have a few greens though), Today I brought home a 2011 2620 (400hrs) with a cab loader,mower and snowblower.

When I was at the dealer I tried the diff lock in the dirt lot and it didn't seem like it was working(what do I know this is my first kubota (Sort of)) so I mentioned it to the owner and he jumped on the tractor and it seemed to work. I didn't bother to check it again and took his word.

Anyway I get it home and head right for the pile to check it again and it definitely does not work. I pinned the lock pedal to the floor and watched one wheel spin, checked linkage etc. there is no noise or resistance, solo I was wondering if these tractors have any known issues with the transmissions?

Thanks, Rich

Take it back to the dealer .......MAKE him make it work, best way is to lock it and then turn the front end (on something soft) the machine SHOULD push straight......

how did HE do it ...and it work ???? If not a total PITA - get it back to him....just to make sure.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
The lock has to engage. It could be loose linkage (easy fix) or the lock mechanism just not dropping in (simple like needing lube or harder, something worn).

I've got a newer L3200 and it's diff lock is just fine. I've not heard of issues with the mechanism, it's usually pretty simple.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Not familiar with that tractor,but my experience is that these diff locks have a pin or similar way of engaging. No easing into it. Of the tractors I have purchased used two of them had this pin sheared off. That probably was done by engaging it while the wheels were spinning. Yours likely was broken by former user.

crazylunker

Equipment
JD 110TLB Kubota B2620
Sep 16, 2015
CT
It will definitely be going back, was going to bring it tomorrow but may keep it through the weekend to make sure thats the only issue.

Still trying to figure out the 3 point, all my deere's operate different.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It will definitely be going back, was going to bring it tomorrow but may keep it through the weekend to make sure thats the only issue.

Still trying to figure out the 3 point, all my deere's operate different.
What has ya puzzled on your 3 point?:) The set up or the operation? What is different on the Deere vs the Kubota?:)

crazylunker

Equipment
JD 110TLB Kubota B2620
Sep 16, 2015
CT
What has ya puzzled on your 3 point?:) The set up or the operation? What is different on the Deere vs the Kubota?:)

All of my others have position control and I assumed this one was the same, just seems kind of crude compared.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA