B2601 consideration

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
I have been looking at a 2015 B2601. Come with FEL with QA 54 inch bucket, RCR1248 mower and 54 inch box scraper. It has 55 hours on it and seems to be in amazing shape, price is 16,900 plus sales tax. This would replace by BX1860. To me it sounds like and looks like an amazing deal, previous owner traded up to a bigger model. Thoughts?

I mow 5 acres and will maintain 1/8 mile dirt road and plow snow, seems to fit my needs.

Marc

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Go onto the Kubota website and choose the build your own feature to price out what it would cost new. Then you can decide if it is a good deal.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
keep in mind that new ones may come with 0 percent if that matters to you. I recently looked at a used B2650. The price was only about 2K less than if I went new. No brainer for me.

With 0% (if they are still offering it, and discounted implements) it may be an easier pill to swallow purchasing a new (and possibly larger) tractor.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
If you had cash in hand to buy that used unit, I guess you might be able to justify it. But, you'll not have full warranty.

You can take and buy a brand new B???? unit for 20% or more down for 0% interest stretched out for 84 months.

I just did this, I ordered a B2650 and with trade and cash I'm putting $20,500 into the deal that is around $30,000 on the bottom line, I'll make a $142 payment with the full warranty and full replacement KTAC policy for the duration of that free loan.

I've attached the 2018 quarter 1 promotions for you, there is some orange rebate money available as well as the free, long term loan offers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I have been looking at a 2015 B2601. Come with FEL with QA 54 inch bucket, RCR1248 mower and 54 inch box scraper. It has 55 hours on it and seems to be in amazing shape, price is 16,900 plus sales tax. This would replace by BX1860. To me it sounds like and looks like an amazing deal, previous owner traded up to a bigger model. Thoughts?

I mow 5 acres and will maintain 1/8 mile dirt road and plow snow, seems to fit my needs.

Marc
It's basically a new tractor. Has the 50 hour service been done?

I would look what a new one with those attachments would cost, the cost on Kubota's build site minus say 10%, minus the $800 in rebates on tractor and implements. If I could get it for $2,000 under new and assuming the one you're referencing is in perfect condition with the first service done, I'd do the used one.

If you need to finance maybe new could be better but my heavens Kubota's insurance is expensive so keep that in mind.

B2601 sounds like a perfect fit for you!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
B2601 is an awesome tractor (just sold mine)....

it really is hard to turn down a new one at 0%...

but used Kubo's go for almost new prices & from what i found out when mine went bye bye.... most dealers are either out of stock or waiting on 2601's..

if its had the 50hr service done & is in excellent shape with the attachments you listed? $16,500 wouldnt be a bad price.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's for buying two or more implements, plus $500 on the tractor itself, right?

The $500 is if you do not take the 0% financing, and it's on the L series, not the B series that I thought this post was talking about.

If your financing it and you take that $500 by taking a 3.99% loan over 60 months, you'll pay a lot more than the $500 in interest. That's a good option for a cash buyer, or someone who has a way to get 0% from an outside lender (I doubt that that exists).

On the B there is only the $300.

On them all, if your financing, the 0% at 84 (free loan) with 20% down (or more, up to you) is the way to go.

I couldn't imagine why you would choose to get the $500 rebate and take the standard rate and shorter term financing that costs you more than $500 over the life of the loan. Your monthly payments would be higher and the cost of the machine with interest would be higher compared to the 0% @ 84 offer. And remember, you can put down as much cash as you want above that minimum required 20%, you can put 50% cash down to manipulate the payment as you desire. That's what I did, my wife wanted no more than a $140-$150 payment so I'm taking $7,500 cash in next week with the $13,000 trade to make the 0@84 loan have a $142 payment. I'll be borrowing around $10,000 on a $31k product (B2650).

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Seems like a decent price.
Last spring I sold a 2014 B2320HSD with 200 hours, a loader, a 50" front mount snowblower, 60" MMM, and 60" rear blade for $16,000. And that was $3,500 more than the dealer was offering as a trade.

The B2601 is the updated version with a 26 HP motor vs. my 23 HP, and the 55 hours vs. 200 hours is a benefit (just broken in) as long as the 50 hour service was complete. So $16,900 does not seems that bad. Although, you don't have to offer what they are asking. If that was their starting point, offer $15,400 and see where it goes from there.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
The $500 is if you do not take the 0% financing, and it's on the L series, not the B series that I thought this post was talking about.

If your financing it and you take that $500 by taking a 3.99% loan over 60 months, you'll pay a lot more than the $500 in interest.

On them all, if your financing, the 0% at 84 (free loan) with 20% down (or more, up to you) is the way to go.

I couldn't imagine why you would choose to get the $500 rebate and take the standard rate and shorter term financing that costs you more than $500 over the life of the loan.....

I stand corrected, should have put my readers on and I'd have caught the image posted shows $500 is on a L01. When I bought my B last year Kubota had that $500 on B's in lieu of subsidized interest rate as well as $300 on implements.
I find it odd anytime a manufacturer subsidizes the interest rate for someone to finance yet doesn't offer the cash buyer the benefit of a discount in the amount of said subsidy which is what Kubota's doing this quarter. Maybe they make it back on selling insurance which is a requirement, I don't know?

Regardless, borrowing money to purchase a tractor is not something I'd consider so it doesn't matter.

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
I appreciate everyone's help, dealer didn't think they needed to lower the price. When I ran the numbers purchasing new just makes more sense to me, so I will getting a new B2601 this spring.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
Actually, borrowing money at 0% makes a lot of sense in today's market. Last year my year to date was 19.89% on my invested money. I would be a fool to pull cash out of the game to buy my new Kubota while they offer a 0% finance deal. My money stays in play making interest while I slowly pay the free Kubota loan back.

If I remove that money from the markets and use it to pay up front for a machine that depreciates, I forgo that interest as well as accept that depreciation.

A wise man would leave the money in the fruitful market while nibbling away at the free loan using only part of the profits if that interest.

Would you like to reconsider your stance, or maybe you could explain it to me in a way that your current position makes any financial sense at all? I made a great deal if free money last year...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Actually, borrowing money at 0% makes a lot of sense in today's market. Last year my year to date was 19.89% on my invested money. I would be a fool to pull cash out of the game to buy my new Kubota while they offer a 0% finance deal. My money stays in play making interest while I slowly pay the free Kubota loan back.

If I remove that money from the markets and use it to pay up front for a machine that depreciates, I forgo that interest as well as accept that depreciation.

A wise man would leave the money in the fruitful market while nibbling away at the free loan using only part of the profits if that interest.

Would you like to reconsider your stance, or maybe you could explain it to me in a way that your current position makes any financial sense at all? I made a great deal if free money last year...

Larry, you come on here strutting like a short legged chicken in tall oats!

A true wise man doesn't go into debt.

The discipline of no debt is against the grain of our society. We're taught to borrow and pay the note so we can get a better credit rating. The purpose of the better credit rating so to allow us to borrow even more at a better interest rate.

When one looses their job, or the market falls, all the interest free and low interest loans are still due.

And the money you have in the markets is all on paper. Until you sell it's just a method of keeping score, and that can change instantly.

The borrower is servant to the lender, and I don't like being a slave.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa

Larry, you come on here strutting like a short legged chicken in tall oats!

A true wise man doesn't go into debt.

The discipline of no debt is against the grain of our society. We're taught to borrow and pay the note so we can get a better credit rating. The purpose of the better credit rating so to allow us to borrow even more at a better interest rate.

When one looses their job, or the market falls, all the interest free and low interest loans are still due.

And the money you have in the markets is all on paper. Until you sell it's just a method of keeping score, and that can change instantly.

The borrower is servant to the lender, and I don't like being a slave.
No, your not going into debt at all if you have the money to pay it off in front. Instead, your putting that money to work for you in the way that it makes you more money. Remember, you can change the rules of the game any day you wish if your holding the cards (the money to pay it off).... Your a slave to no one.

Your financial prowess is flawed. You always want to leverage your money in the way to best make more with it. If Kubota is crazy enough to loan it for free, I surely would not take $30,000 out of a bull market to pay it, I can always pay it off later if conditions change. But while my money is earning fast and hard, I'll leverage that free loan every day of the week and twice in Sunday.

Cluck cluck.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
not sure if you missed it but, the OP already stated he was buying a new one instead. So, I believe the additional financial advice is moot.

Congrats OP. I think you made a wise choice too. Enjoy it.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Everyone is free to do what they want, personally I have always subscribed to D2Cat's way of thinking. Minimize debt then completely eliminate it as quickly as possible.

And to AKguy, given they won't budge it sounds like a sound decision to wait until Spring. I will be surprised if Kubota doesn't offer better incentives on new B tractors in Q2. Only thing to keep in mind is as the season starts inventory can deplete and as the dealers become swamped with business their willingness to offer strong discount sometimes weakens.

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
I thank you all for the financial advice. My wife and I buy cash, no loans except for our house. So finance rates are an irrelevant factor for me. Just can't see buying a used one when I can get new for slightly more money and all the warranty.

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
Well just to update this, I bought a 2018 B2301 with an RCR1248,
Got such a deal, I couldn't pass it up, and it will go nicely with all my other attachments. It will get delivered tomorrow since its getting the tires filled and a block heater.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Well just to update this, I bought a 2018 B2301 with an RCR1248,
Got such a deal, I couldn't pass it up, and it will go nicely with all my other attachments. It will get delivered tomorrow since its getting the tires filled and a block heater.
Congrats AKguy.

Remember, we all like pics.