B2601 Brush Attachment

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Reviving an old thread. I am making my through setting up for quick hitch and thought id share this tidbit for those who have the Betstco Flail mower. I bought this little hunk of metal from amazon and it allows the EFGC125 to hookup with no problem.

Amazon Link

eubie5

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, 60" mmm, loader, 54" landpride grapple, box blade, rear blade
Feb 24, 2019
greenville, indiana, USA
I know this is an old thread, but on the fence between a flail and a 48" rotary cutter to put behind my bx2380. I'm soaking up everything i can about these smaller flails. A lot of great information in here, i really appreciate it. If anyone wants to give a year or 2 assessment of how their Bestco or Woodmaxx flail is still doing, be greatly appreciated. Still happy with it? Any maintenance issues?
If doing it over again, would you go the same route?
I have several acres surrounded by woods. Would love to get in there to clean out the underbrush that creeps out over the mowing season. Seems like every time i cut, i have to move in just a little bit because it just grows at a crazy pace.
Thanks in advance for any info and advice.
Can't wait for springtime.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I know this is an old thread, but on the fence between a flail and a 48" rotary cutter to put behind my bx2380. I'm soaking up everything i can about these smaller flails. A lot of great information in here, i really appreciate it. If anyone wants to give a year or 2 assessment of how their Bestco or Woodmaxx flail is still doing, be greatly appreciated. Still happy with it? Any maintenance issues?
I have several acres surrounded by woods. Would love to get in there to clean out the underbrush that creeps out over the mowing season. Seems like every time i cut, i have to move in just a little bit because it just grows at a crazy pace.
I have a BETSTCO FH EFG135 which is a 53" medium duty flail mower (with hammers). I've had it for several years now (purchased March, 2019 for $1,035) and really only use it approx 2x/year. It's been fine, with one replacement belt and a few hammers swapped out. BETSTCO runs deals quite frequently.

I really wanted a woodmax 62" but none were in stock at the time and I didn't feel like waiting. Can't say for sure but, the woodmax may be slightly better built.

Best of luck to you.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a Befco for my 2601. it is one of the only ones that are quick hitch compatibility. Italian made parts assembly in US but many options when you order it. The few who have them seem to like them.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have the Betsco EFGC125 with the heavy duty hammers. It gets alot of use each summer behind the B2650. Both clearing/maintaining trails and woods, and also cutting ditch grass and corn patches.

The flail does require a little maintenance....especially after the first few hours of use. Here's a link to my flail mower OOPS! describing what happens when you neglect that first recommended maintenance checks.

The hammers don't like rocks or hidden steel objects. If not damaged too bad they can be repaired and sharpened. As mentioned in the OOPS link: for the small cost outlay you might want to keep some spare hammers/knives and belts on hand.....just in case. :)

eubie5

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, 60" mmm, loader, 54" landpride grapple, box blade, rear blade
Feb 24, 2019
greenville, indiana, USA
I have a BETSTCO FH EFG135 which is a 53" medium duty flail mower (with hammers). I've had it for several years now (purchased March, 2019 for $1,035) and really only use it approx 2x/year. It's been fine, with one replacement belt and a few hammers swapped out. BETSTCO runs deals quite frequently.

I really wanted a woodmax 62" but none were in stock at the time and I didn't feel like waiting. Can't say for sure but, the woodmax may be slightly better built.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks.
Incredible that it's almost doubled in price in just a couple of years.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Thanks.
Incredible that it's almost doubled in price in just a couple of years.
Now that I recall, they sold me a "used" unit that had 15 mins of run time on grass that they ran for a video commercial/ad. So, I think that knocked about $300 off at that time. When I unpacked the unit, you couldn't tell that it had actually been run at all.

However, I would have to agree with you that prices have shot up considerably. You wouldn't want to know what I just paid for a new Kubota mini excavator. It was quite shocking. :(