B2400 Back Blade

redm18

Equipment
B2400 with FEL and Belly Mower, G4200 with Mower Deck
Aug 14, 2023
Eastern Iowa
I just bought a B2400 with a FEL and I want to use it to do a bunch of landscaping / earth moving around my property. One of the big project I want to do it work on getting all of the ground around my house to drain away from the foundation. My thought is that the best way of going about this is probably to pile dirt up along the foundation then use a back blade to grade the piles down away from the foundation. Is this the right approach. If so does anyone have a size recommendation on the back blade for my machine? Anything to look at on a used one?

Fladogman

Feb 1, 2020
Crawfordville Fl
Weight is key to a back blade doing what you want, so the heavier the better. You might have to add weight to make it dig in and cut the dirt. I have a #950- 7 foot, 6 way adjustable blade that I love. Adjustability is also something that you'll thank yourself for later.

redm18

Equipment
Aug 14, 2023
Eastern Iowa
Weight is key to a back blade doing what you want, so the heavier the better. You might have to add weight to make it dig in and cut the dirt. I have a #950- 7 foot, 6 way adjustable blade that I love. Adjustability is also something that you'll thank yourself for later.
how big of a tractor is that on? It seems to make sense that heavy is better just don't want to mismatch.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I probably use my back blade way more than I use my box scraper , Unless I need the rippers my back blade is on the tractor , Thats on a L3301hst . The option to be able to move the blade side to side in it's mount is great for cutting ditches on my dirt road & also for grading wider than the back tires .
animal

redm18

Equipment
Aug 14, 2023
Eastern Iowa
I probably use my back blade way more than I use my box scraper , Unless I need the rippers my back blade is on the tractor , Thats on a L3301hst . The option to be able to move the blade side to side in it's mount is great for cutting ditches on my dirt road & also for grading wider than the back tires .
animal
How big is your blade? I'm thinking mine would need to be a bit smaller than yours.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
SO my machine is 55 inches wide & I use a 72" blade no problem , yers is 43 so I would think ya could get by with a 60" one , hopefully someone that has yer tractor will chime in . Make sure that what ever ya get ya can move the blade by unbolting it from the frame & sliding it left or right . Also that it can be angled front to back & up & down .
animal

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
60" Cat1 light weight blade is what you want for your tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
If your piling dirt why not just back drag and grade with bucket. Unless your dead set on blade. You can Dave the money. Bucket will do what you need to do.

Reactions: 1 user

redm18

Equipment
Aug 14, 2023
Eastern Iowa
If your piling dirt why not just back drag and grade with bucket. Unless your dead set on blade. You can Dave the money. Bucket will do what you need to do.
I'm not 100% on a blade. I'm trying to figure out what I need get to do what I want. My goals are to build up dirt around the foundation and grade that out. Get rid of a ton of low spots in my yard. Knock down high spots in my yard. Gravel the floor of a small pole building. Gravel about a one car wide by about 60 foot lane next to my existing driveway and garage. Regravel about 30 feet from the end of my drive way to the road. Remove snow in the winter in all of the hard surface.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
A 6' blade at a 45* angle is only going to make about a 50" wide cut. At 35*, about 58".
I don't think that a 5 footer is going to work out very well.

Just my opinion. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm not 100% on a blade. I'm trying to figure out what I need get to do what I want. My goals are to build up dirt around the foundation and grade that out. Get rid of a ton of low spots in my yard. Knock down high spots in my yard. Gravel the floor of a small pole building. Gravel about a one car wide by about 60 foot lane next to my existing driveway and garage. Regravel about 30 feet from the end of my drive way to the road. Remove snow in the winter in all of the hard surface.
Every task you want to do besides snow, you would be better off with a land plane, They level and grade incredibly well.

Here is one example:

redm18

Equipment
Aug 14, 2023
Eastern Iowa

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea pretty much.
You just have to know the angle of the blades and how much they hang down below the skis, the height and angle of the three point hitch to the implement and you will have to get the blades and the stove bolts and three point pins.
One of the issues is getting suitable material for the ski's, (sides) I used I beams.

redm18

Equipment
Aug 14, 2023
Eastern Iowa
I still probably really want a box blade and even a land grader but I did pick up a 60 inch King Kutter XB rear blade for $60 on marketplace. I figure if nothing else it will probably be handy for snow. I have not mounted it yet as I need to pick up a top link for my tractor. Additionally I believe the bottom pins are narrow compared to a standard Cat 1 at about 20 inches. I can still mount it right?