B2400 Back Blade

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
ON the 72 rear blade I have I unbolted the blade from the frame & slid it over to the next set of bolt holes . When I angle my blade so it's low on the right side & use it to cut & clean out the ditch's on either side of my dirt road/driveway . Moving the blade over is some work but the end results are well worth it for me .We're hoping to be making a land plane over the winter . I don't know if yer lift arms can adjust in enough for the unit ya bought . There are some parts ya can get to be able to narrow the lift arm width . If that don't work ya may have to get a Cat 1 drawbar & weld / adapt it to fit the King Kutter XB rear blade . I just looked up the blade ya got it only angles , it does not tilt & the blade is fixed it looks like . Is the one ya bought for a Cat 0 ? Last I looked a Cat 1 drawbar is 50 - 60 bucks at Tractor supply . Or other folks may have other ideas .
animals45

Last edited:

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
I still probably really want a box blade and even a land grader but I did pick up a 60 inch King Kutter XB rear blade for $60 on marketplace. I figure if nothing else it will probably be handy for snow. I have not mounted it yet as I need to pick up a top link for my tractor. Additionally I believe the bottom pins are narrow compared to a standard Cat 1 at about 20 inches. I can still mount it right?
I have and old backblade my neighbor gave me that was on a 9n and a box blade I bought with the tractor. I would get the land plane/grader before the box blade. As I understand it the box blade is a lot harder to use effectively and honestly I wish I would have gone with the land plane. I still cannot get the results with a box blade that I would be able to get with a landplane. For snow turn your backblade around so it won’t dig into the ground, it made a huge difference when I did that halfway through this past winter.