B2320 HST Pedal sticks

JimBeard

Equipment
Tiller ,6Foot Blade,FEL,3pointFinish Mower
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
I have a 2010 B2320 70 hrs.
Pedal sticks when engaged for over 1 min going forward or reverse .
Sitting with engine off pedal operates normally .
My guess that problem is inside transmission .
Warranty is still in place should i give it more time ?
Any suggestions?

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Contact the dealer and get it taken care of while the warranty is still up and running. Having that pedal sticking is a very big safety hazard and something bad will happen to people or property.

I was just inching up to the back of my truck today to get something out of the bed. That would have been a F'd up moment if the pedal stuck. Just something to think about :)

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Will definitely soon get it fixed under warranty .
Was wondering if any one else has had this problem so i could suggest what to look for .The dealer states they have not encountered this before .
PS It only sticks when it is fully depressed for over a minute .

Last edited:

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
My 2620 HST pedal sticks a little bit as well, have you tried to lubricate it? It only has 50 hrs on it, i will probably talk to the dealer in the next few days.

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Eddie all linkage is lubricated .
When the engine is not running pedal operates as it should leaving me to believe it is not in the linkage .
It only sticks {not always}when i drive in reverse for a full minute or more sometimes sticks when going forward for a minute or more.
Let me know if you come up with a solution.
I will be contacting the dealer next week .

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Good luck on that fix you guys. You might even have to get the dealer to spend some time behind the wheel of your tractors. Keep us posted.

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Will be contacting dealer tomorrow[Monday] for pedal sticking & damaged rear lug studs { if that is the right terminology}today i decided too take nuts off rear wheels to grease threads .
Had too use a breaker bar with 2 foot pipe to break every nut loose, about half of the nuts cant be turned without a ratchet for the full length of the stud & 3 of the studs came out with the nut.

I am assuming that the studs are put in with locktite .
Any one know if this is correct ?

PS had the rear wheels loaded at dealer when i purchased March 2010

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Sounds like the NASCAR crew was using an impact gun to install your wheels. That is one of the areas I'm pretty uptight about. Car, truck or tractor I always run them down and use a torque wrench to finish off.

What you encountered removing the wheels would PISS me off to no end :mad:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
The damper or dampenor not sure which it is. Anyway it acts like a shock absorber so that when you are going forward and take your foot off of the pedal the transmission does not return to centre really quickly thus throwing you over the hood of the tractor. The damper being your problem does not make sense to me but I bin wrong before.:D Dusty

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
The damper or dampenor not sure which it is. Anyway it acts like a shock absorber so that when you are going forward and take your foot off of the pedal the transmission does not return to centre really quickly thus throwing you over the hood of the tractor. The damper being your problem does not make sense to me but I bin wrong before.:D Dusty
Thanks
Hope they aren't just throwing parts at this . TIME WILL TELL.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I can see how the damper would cause the problem you describe. It is simply holding too much back pressure against the spring.

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
I finally called the dealer about my sticky HST pedal and he told me that if there is no grease nipple on your pedal pivot point (some do some don't) then keep it lubricated with a penetrating spray lube. He went on to say that if you disconnect the dampner and the pedal moves freely, you probably have a bad dampner.

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Eddie does yours stick all the time ?
MY Pedal sticks when engaged for over 1 min going forward or reverse mostly in reverse.
Sitting with engine off pedal operates normally .

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
I temporarily removed the damper seemed better but still not quite right .
Today dealer sent mechanic he adjusted the neutral spring center not sure if that is the correct term .
Anyway it is raining now ,next chance i get will test and report back.

JimBeard

Equipment
Mar 1, 2010
Manchester NY
Dealer is ordering new damper .I don't think that is it but worth a try under warranty .
I came across this one on utube identical to to my pedal sticking issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/treavideotron#p/a/u/0/sREr3aOyG84
I sent poster a message but doubt i will hear back.

One comment is>>>>>>>>#
testa375L
1 month ago

trade it in and go to a  john deeere

Last edited: