North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes
Roll Over Protection System FEL means Front End Loader. Today I rebuilt my right side lift cylinder for the second time.
Ok so you know what ROPS means and what FEL means.

Now tell me how you get a SET of ROPS?

Unfortunately no I actually have a B219 and my B7100 has 1150 hrs on the clock. Heck I just went up to OH and got a set of ROPS for it.
And what does that have to do with rebuilding a FEL Hydraulic cylinder?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just really confused by your this post!

Mallis_dad

Equipment
B7100
Apr 16, 2024
WFOY
Ok so you know what ROPS means and what FEL means.

Now tell me how you get a SET of ROPS?

And what does that have to do with rebuilding a FEL Hydraulic cylinder?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just really confused by your this post!
Really sounds like you are being a jerk. Asking me if I know what ROPS are because you don't know what I know. Or my background.
But since you are asking.
I found another member on another forum that is a member here on OTT that bought a set of ROPS for their tractor I think it was a B5200 or B 7200 with hopes that they would work. But they don't so when I was posting about going to my Kubota Stealership and place a order for a set of ROPS they offered the set up for free since they couldn't use them. After trying to work out shipping or using members to help transport to my location, I drove to OH and picked them up.

What it has to do with rebuilding a cylinder is just sharing in a single post.

I had been lurking around on this forum from some time and thought if I could find some good information and share some about the old girl and use it it would be a win.
Sadly the way I have been questioned really turns me off to OTT and probably will go back to just looking for the information I need or want instead of trying to be part of the forum.

Thanks for the insight of how things work here on OTT and not adding anything to the thread.
Not very welcoming for a moderator.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Now tell me how you get a SET of ROPS?
You buy the 'roll cage' parts AND the seatbelt.
Those would be the 'SET'.

Curious, on 2nd rebuild of right cylinder. Any chance the cylinder wall is scored or otherwise damaged ?
If the original cylinders were made same time(good chance 'sisters'... )and the left is still fine, my 'gut' says there may be a scratch in the right cylinder.

Mallis_dad

Equipment
B7100
Apr 16, 2024
WFOY
re: Now tell me how you get a SET of ROPS?
You buy the 'roll cage' parts AND the seatbelt.
Those would be the 'SET'.

Curious, on 2nd rebuild of right cylinder. Any chance the cylinder wall is scored or otherwise damaged ?
If the original cylinders were made same time(good chance 'sisters'... )and the left is still fine, my 'gut' says there may be a scratch in the right cylinder.
PXL_20231020_155056964.jpg PXL_20231020_154656356.jpg
So as you can see there is no cage and the only parts are ROPS and seatbelt, that are attached to the top of the 3 point system by 2 bolts, but you would already have known that if you had a B7100, I don't know what model of equipment you have. And being a 40 year old set of ROPS the seatbelt is no longer viable. But don't worry I have that coming today.
As far as the cylinder goes my leaking came from the dust seal. You are correct there could be some pitting on the piston rod and is more likely to have pitting from over 40 years of use.
And yes I did use scotch Brite to clean up and smooth things out.
And again are you offering any assistance to the question that started this thread B219 cylinder specs. I like @Lil Foot would like to replace the cylinders with a set of newer models to stop the cycle.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I mentioned the seatbelt as the manual says 'always wear seatbelt with ROPS up'. I have neither ROPS or seatbelt on my BX23S.
BTW 2x16" cylinders are about $180 CDN. If you do replace the right side, replace the left as well.

I've seen rams 'form a pit ring' when water sits on the seal, takes years of course....

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Really sounds like you are being a jerk. Asking me if I know what ROPS are because you don't know what I know. Or my background.
But since you are asking.
I found another member on another forum that is a member here on OTT that bought a set of ROPS for their tractor I think it was a B5200 or B 7200 with hopes that they would work. But they don't so when I was posting about going to my Kubota Stealership and place a order for a set of ROPS they offered the set up for free since they couldn't use them. After trying to work out shipping or using members to help transport to my location, I drove to OH and picked them up.

What it has to do with rebuilding a cylinder is just sharing in a single post.

I had been lurking around on this forum from some time and thought if I could find some good information and share some about the old girl and use it it would be a win.
Sadly the way I have been questioned really turns me off to OTT and probably will go back to just looking for the information I need or want instead of trying to be part of the forum.

Thanks for the insight of how things work here on OTT and not adding anything to the thread.
Not very welcoming for a moderator.
I would encourage you to not give up because of one thread. You indicated you had been lurking on the forum for some time so you have to have an idea of how informative, helpful and quick responses are here.

Maybe the word "set" in reference to a ROPS was a trigger to inquire further (by the moderator) because of greater number of trolls and scams lately. Perhaps just trying to get a gauge of what you were posting. Just part of what a moderator has to do to keep the forum functions as it does.

Stick around. Don't be selfish, use your knowledge to help others. It's good to have you here, and came with knowledge not a question.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry you took offence to my asking questions.
Yes I look for things that are "off" all the time, been doing this for years.

And yes one of the things you said was "set" of ROPS.
It's not a set, it just a ROPS as there is not multiples of ROPS.
Scammers tend to miss details like that in their verbiage.
This is what causes extra inquiries on my part.