B1700hd

dwadec21

Equipment
b6200d;b1700hd
Oct 17, 2012
Beaumont
My grandfather has given me a Kubota tractor with a serial# of B1700HD70820. Can someone tell me what the "HD" stands for and what year model it is? Ive heard of "HSD" for 4wd Hydro but not just plain "HD."

I believe it has a blown tranny. Would it be worth spending about 2 grand on to fix it? Would it be worth more than that if i were to fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS. It has a front end loader as well.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT.
Someone on here undoubtably has knowledge of a B1700HD. Until that vacuum is filled, I will put my input in, after a short search.
This site-
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3Ye71shYtNf8wdwdw&sig2=AsHHMnDCZ4i47kbGsv6Kdw

lists a B1700HD and a B1700HSD. So, either the models differ by years, or there is something that distinquishes the two. From other searches, I see many of them listed on the European and African market- so maybe they weren't destined for the US. Is it a hydro, or gear drive?
Short of someone else jumping in, maybe you could contact West Kentucky Tractor Parts (www.wkytp.com) and see what they have, or search for a tractor boneyard closer to you. You can get a feel for parts availability and price, then decide whether the tractor is worth putting the money into. How is the rest of the tractor? Does it need work, or is it good? What are the hours on it?

dwadec21

Equipment
b6200d;b1700hd
Oct 17, 2012
Beaumont
its in ok shape. The back end is in pieces but i think everything is there. He also gave me a b6200d kubota thats in decent shape. Running. I just ordered a new steering box from the local dealer and it shoud be here today. After I replace that it should be good to go. Im thinking about takes the loader off of the 1700 and putting it on the 6200. Both are 4wd but the 1700 is 17hp while the 6200 is 15 hp. Im just trying to weigh my options. What are your opinions?