B1700 - front mount B2620 snow thrower hydraulic line mod question

JD318

Equipment
R420, F2560
Oct 5, 2016
Augusta MI USA
Greeting, I am a new Kubota owner recently relocated to 45 acres from 2 and bidding farewell to my John Deere.

I purchased a B1700 package that came with among other attachments, a LA302 FEL and front mount B2650 mid PTO snowblower. Currently the snowblower is setup to use only (1) hydraulic line that was factory/dealer plumbed to the front of the tractor with a quick connect to/operated by the 3-point control.

Ideal use case: I would like to put a back blade on the on the 3-point while independently operating the front mount snowblower from the FEL controls.

Question: Given the FEL frame/controls, can I remove the (1) factory short hydraulic line from the snowblower, add (2) 5-6' hydraulic lines in their place and run the blower off the the FEL control for up/down/float? This would free up the 3-point hydraulics for the back blade/other attachments.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if I can provide further info. Thanks in advance for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JD318

Equipment
R420, F2560
Oct 5, 2016
Augusta MI USA
I finally got all the parts and time to modify the lines. Through my own lack of knowledge, it took me 3 tries to find the correct hydraulic quick-connects to match the Kubota factory FEL joystick valve end; I ended up going to a small hydraulic parts/fabrication shop 1-1/2 hrs away instead of the internet which is what I should have done to start with. I also should have used 72" hoses instead of 60". Then I would had enough hose to make a nice "curve" into the joystick valve not have had to add the 90 degree connectors.

But the B2650 with FEL controls works great! I was a little trepidatious that the B1700 tractor could be under powered for 50" of snowthower, but I am glad to report it has easily chewed through our first several storms without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk