B1502-m / dt

Dane

Equipment
Kubota B1502DT Snapper 381451HBVE
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
Hi from Australia!

Just bought an old Kubota B1502-M (on the bonnet) B1502DT (on the plate) Japanese imported tractor. If anyone can shed some light on this model, and if its the same as the L1502 / L185 ?

If anyone can tell me how to engage the front wheels on this model, have found the lever (pretty much on the gearbox casing) seems you would have to pull it out, slide it down and push it back in, rather than just moving it up or down. But have had no success, tried jiggling front wheels while trying to operate it as I have seen this suggested with no luck. Cannot get lever to move at all.

Everything else is going well, accept the mystery lever below the hydraulics lever (lowest on right mudguard), seems to connect up pretty much where the hydraulics lever does, but doesnt operate the hydraulics, for future FEL attachment? Currently no FEL.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum. I guess that you didn't get an Operator Manual with it. On mine you just pull the handle up but on yours I have no idea. Someone on here probably will.

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
Hi,
The lack of operator manual, and all 'on tractor' instructions in Japanese doesn't help, seems to be some manuals for the L1502 around, just not sure if its even the same. Have done a bit of research on here but can't find this exact info, seems like a nice place i'm sure someone will help out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pictures of what your dealing with might help. ;)

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
yer, I will try and get some tomorrow. atleast then someone might have same style lever in a diff model and can suggest something

:edit: was bought off a guy with a flat as turf farm, so doubt he would have ever used 4x4. it may just need some persuading with a hammer, it looks solid enough to take it, only few inches long solid steel. just need to know which way to whack hehe.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi from Australia!

Just bought an old Kubota B1502-M (on the bonnet) B1502DT (on the plate) Japanese imported tractor. If anyone can shed some light on this model, and if its the same as the L1502 / L185 ?

If anyone can tell me how to engage the front wheels on this model, have found the lever (pretty much on the gearbox casing) seems you would have to pull it out, slide it down and push it back in, rather than just moving it up or down. But have had no success, tried jiggling front wheels while trying to operate it as I have seen this suggested with no luck. Cannot get lever to move at all.

Everything else is going well, accept the mystery lever below the hydraulics lever (lowest on right mudguard), seems to connect up pretty much where the hydraulics lever does, but doesnt operate the hydraulics, for future FEL attachment? Currently no FEL.
Dane,

here is a page of very little info:( :

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/006/9/0/6906-kubota-b1502.html

DO send some pictures - the lever under the hydraulic lever.....that may indeed be your 4WD lever. If you have a clutch - and I bet you do, let it in and out as you grab the little lever and push it forward ( something close to horizontal ) Give it a solid push, it should move ! If not the 4wd lever, maybe the future picture will help us figure it out.:)

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
hehe thanks! Unfortunately read the tiny bit of info there before hehe

The lever near the hydraulics seems to sit in a central position, you can move it up or down, but it does not sit in those positions. When you move it nothing happens, no noise, no idea what it does, stealth mode? lol

Looking at lots of pics on gooogle tonight, doesnt seem to be same as L1502, I have found a ZB1502 very similar as you would imagine and a good pic

http://compacttractorattachments.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/image2.jpg pic is huge

The lever just to right of the seat (no knob) operates hydraulics up and down, the one half way down (black knob) is the mystery one. And red knob lower down is the Hi/Lo for the Gears. On the casing under the seat, is where the smaller lever sits. my own pics soon, close up of lever, just have to upload them. Gives you an idea of the model.

Last edited:

hampshireborn

Equipment
B7100 HST , B1502M,RK1100 rotovator, finishing mower,wessex trailer,DM topper
the little lever under the one with the red knob is the 4x4 lever its about 2 inch long and a bit awkward to move, I soaked mine in WD40 oil and put a socket bar on it and gently moved it up and down to free it but you may have to rock the tractor back and forth to help engage it. down is 4x4 up is 2 wd..not too sure what the second lever is for next to the seat or other hydraulic leaver.

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
the little lever under the one with the red knob is the 4x4 lever its about 2 inch long and a bit awkward to move, I soaked mine in WD40 oil and put a socket bar on it and gently moved it up and down to free it but you may have to rock the tractor back and forth to help engage it. down is 4x4 up is 2 wd..not too sure what the second lever is for next to the seat or other hydraulic leaver.
ah thankyou! thought we were right, so it should just move down with a bit of force/rocking? you dont have to slide it outwards towards the wheels first?

you should have pics of mine crudely labelled now hehe.

Last edited:

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
great thanks, it seems free but doesnt want to move under just hand force, might just need to rock the tractor back and forth. a bit of lube never hurts tho :). Just wanted to make sure I was going to force it right way.

Is it something you can do with the tractor running on this model, with just clutch in.. or everything in Nuetral first? and maybe just let her roll a little to get it to line up. or do you engage it with yours off? cheers again. Don't want to tear anything up on the new toy.

Last edited:

hampshireborn

Equipment
make sure your steering is straight and tractor is stopped , I just depress the clutch (still in gear) and move lever if its not going in just keep pressure on it and roll forwards and should feel it click in. if your leaver is stuck then I would switch tractor off and out of gear put a piece of bar and after soaking it in oil just use the bar as a bit of extra leverage as the lever is hard to get to if you have big hands like me but you may need to rock the tractor back and forth to help it engage. the lever its self does not move that much so don't go standing on the bar or hitting it with a hammer or you may break something

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
Perfect, thanks a million hampshireborn, and orange tractor talks! All going well will be cruising up hills in 4x4 tomorrow.

Does your model have the control box on the mudguard, was told it was part of a levelling system? Its no longer hooked up, just goes off to some connectors.

hampshireborn

Equipment
That's ok glad I could help at something.no mine does not have the control box on the mud guard, what are the hydraulic connectors like on the rear of yours? it would be good if you could post me a pic of them please.

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
Just electrical connectors from the mudguard box, will get a couple of pics of it and of the back of tractor

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
Will put those pics up on the weekend when I have some time.

Have you ever taken the rear wheels off yours? Turf guy changed from the nobblies but kept them. We'd like as much traction as possible so was going to change back.

Dane

Equipment
Feb 6, 2015
Australia
hey hampshireborn, will hopefully put some more pics up this weekend of our b1502 model, and its electronic control box

With the rear wheels, do you simply need to remove the holding pin, loosen the lock nut, and slide the whole wheel and rim off?

We got the 4x4 lever working fine, after a spray of CRC it started operating straight away!

hampshireborn

Equipment
Hi
Yes just pull the pin and undo the bolt then wheels should slide off..It would be of great help a pic of the rear of the tractor there should be 2 pipes to the right of the seat I wanted to know what yours look like please