Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
‘Round these parts, it’s known as a Tubby….😉

He needed a Tubby…

097A9F95-2DA6-40F4-AD62-29C35D9421FF.jpeg

For newer OTT members, there’s literally a bunch of my own blood and sweat invested in the patio……

Reactions: 4 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Skunks and porcupines... the worst I've found for our dog. Our pooch has met a porcupine, and thankfully it climbed a tree.

Skunks are the worst. He'll be sleeping outside for a few days when that happens. Poor boy, I wish that I could explain it to him to stay away from the black and white cute ones. That day is coming for sure. I dread it already.

Of course a badger, wolf, or bear will be bad. And those are here. But he's kinda a wimp once ya get past his kick-butt demeanor. He'll run away. Unless there's a pack of wolves, I think he'll run home with only his pride hurt.

He wants to be in the tractor cab with me when I'm brush hogging the trails, but the cab barely fits my 6'3" size. There's no room, I tried to fit him in it. So, he follows along running through the forest on each side of the tractor.

There comes a point from time to time that I truly envy him. I envy our pooch. Freedom from bills and governments and having to care. I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did... I'd love being a dog in caring home when I came back.

We do love our dog.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
My boy Zakk. First pic is him at about 2-2-1/2 months. He's gonna be 9 this year. Hopefully 3 or 4 more years. I love him and spoil him to death!
part000001-4.jpeg
IMG_3310.jpeg
IMG_2947.jpeg
IMG_2169.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nap jerks outside.

Helping Dad on Saturdays is exhausting….

He just got to 11 months other day.

IMG_5824.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skunks and porcupines... the worst I've found for our dog. Our pooch has met a porcupine, and thankfully it climbed a tree.

Skunks are the worst. He'll be sleeping outside for a few days when that happens. Poor boy, I wish that I could explain it to him to stay away from the black and white cute ones. That day is coming for sure. I dread it already.

Of course a badger, wolf, or bear will be bad. And those are here. But he's kinda a wimp once ya get past his kick-butt demeanor. He'll run away. Unless there's a pack of wolves, I think he'll run home with only his pride hurt.

He wants to be in the tractor cab with me when I'm brush hogging the trails, but the cab barely fits my 6'3" size. There's no room, I tried to fit him in it. So, he follows along running through the forest on each side of the tractor.

There comes a point from time to time that I truly envy him. I envy our pooch. Freedom from bills and governments and having to care. I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did... I'd love being a dog in caring home when I came back.

We do love our dog.

When your dog gets into a skunk this is a proven formula to eradicate the smell, and quickly! I've used it several times over the years. It was developed by a vet who was going to market it but discovered it wasn't stable after shelf life, so he made it public for all to make and use.

Skunk Wash Formula 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide 1/2 cup of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) 1 teaspoon of liquid soap Mix together to make a shampoo for your furry pal. Rinse well to remove the shampoo from the fur after vigorously shampooing. You may need to double or triple this recipe depending on the weight of your dog.

Reactions: 3 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Where's the dog ! No picture,
Sitting in my afternoon spot with a cigar, a glass and the dog at my feet. 50 (F) and a light drizzle.
The wife, kid and grand kid come home from spending far too much money and the dog is suddenly gone.
What the heck ! She decided it was better to go inside with the rest of the women than sit out in the driveway with me.
The old girl plays both sides ! God bless her soul. Oh yeah, the wife's god.
Who would have thought that a warm house and a treat would beat the driveway and the old guy having some down time.

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
We used it years ago when our pair of shepards went after one. Recommended by our vet. It worked!

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Where is the darn Chewy truck ?

View attachment 101378
Comes tomorrow at my house 😂🤣😂🤣 The shepherd will bark at them when they pull up in front of the house. She can't stand delivery drivers. 🙄🙄🙄

I keep telling her she needs to be nice to them. They are delivering her goodies 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
When your dog gets into a skunk this is a proven formula to eradicate the smell, and quickly! I've used it several times over the years. It was developed by a vet who was going to market it but discovered it wasn't stable after shelf life, so he made it public for all to make and use.

Skunk Wash Formula 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide 1/2 cup of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) 1 teaspoon of liquid soap Mix together to make a shampoo for your furry pal. Rinse well to remove the shampoo from the fur after vigorously shampooing. You may need to double or triple this recipe depending on the weight of your dog.
I’ve used the same…almost like a paste when I used it…it took a couple wash/rinses, but it did work.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well I tried but living without the love of a dog just got to be too much to handle. Picked out my new little buddy yesterday from a rescue shelter and we will get to meet June 1st. Dallas is one year old coming to us from Texas and the first thing we'll have to teach him is how to say eh at the end of every bark. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Well I tried but living without the love of a dog just got to be too much to handle. Picked out my new little buddy yesterday from a rescue shelter and we will get to meet June 1st. Dallas is one year old coming to us from Texas and the first thing we'll have to teach him is how to say eh at the end of every bark. :ROFLMAO:
Good for you, bear! (y)

Dallas looks like a good boy.

Reactions: 1 user